Re: Launcher won't allow login and game crashes in map mode

by crinrict

Original Post

Launcher won't allow login and game crashes in map mode

★★★ Novice

I have two issues, which may or may not be related.  1. My launcher won't open the Welcome page, and won't let me log in at all.  2. My Sim lives in Dragon Valley and every time I try to go into Map Mode, the game crashes.  Both of these issues are within the last two weeks. I've tried to Repair all the games (I have all Expansion Packs except Into the Future and several stuff packs), update everything although that's set to be automatic, but not reinstall them.  My Sim is actually in a fairly new game without any relatives or household members yet. She has been to University and China, that's it.

I have Windows 10, a core I7 processor and my computer is only two years old, with upgrade memory and processing.  I also have no mods, but a lot of Store content.  Any suggestions? Are these issues related or not?

Message 1 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: Launcher won't allow login and game crashes in map mode

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (161 Views)