Just installed; won't play

by emisagenius

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Just installed; won't play

★★ Novice

I recently installed Generations, Late Night, and Ambitions, but haven't gotten the chance to play Sims 3 since. The only other extension I've installed was a while ago and is World Adventures, which I just always leave in my computer. I only have World Adventures with me right now, but it won't read it. Whenever I try to play it just keeps prompting me that there is no game disc and that I need to insert the Generations disc, which I don't have right now. Is there a way to fix this?

Message 1 of 7 (195 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Just installed; won't play

Hero

You don't need to buy it again.

Download the Origin client and download and install from there (you need to uninstall the disc version)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (158 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

There is, but i forgot. Have some hope Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (192 Views)

★★ Novice

....but what's the solution?

Message 3 of 7 (188 Views)

Hero

Get the download version through Origin instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (175 Views)

★★ Novice

I selected the download version of Generations, but it says "You've already purchased this item. Please remove the item to proceed with your purchase" whenever I try to get it.

Message 5 of 7 (172 Views)

Hero

You don't need to buy it again.

Download the Origin client and download and install from there (you need to uninstall the disc version)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (159 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks! I was going mad trying to figure it out. I didn't know you could do that.

Message 7 of 7 (146 Views)