Intermittent freeze: Not fixed

by saffronfinch

Original Post

Intermittent freeze: Not fixed

★ Novice

I've had The Sims 3 on my laptop for ages now. And about a month ago, I had a splurge of Sims 3 games and bought University Life, Pets, Island Paradise, Supernatural, Katy Perry Sweet Treats and Seasons (which I already had before but lost the serial code so had to buy it again). For the first few days, I was really happy because to be honest, who wouldn't be happy with 6 new Sims 3 games. However, I was playing in Appaloosa Plains, the world that comes with Pets, and my game froze. But it didn't freeze completely because the background graphics such as the water, plumbobs and tree etc. were still moving. I googled this to see if anyone else had had this issue and I believe it's called an Intermittent Freeze. Correct me if i'm wrong but after searching for ages I couldn't find a solution for this. Lots of people's games began working after they switched worlds and changed from Appaloosa Plains to Somewhere else which I did to Isla Paradiso which froze as well as Lucky Palms. Before I downloaded my new expansion packs everything was working fine. I really don't want to have to get rid of my new games! They seemed so good for the 20 minutes I was playing! Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (86 Views)

Re: Intermittent freeze: Not fixed

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (78 Views)