Re: Brand new Sims 3 serial number won't work

by BiteMeApple

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Brand new Sims 3 serial number won't work

★ Novice

I bought The Sims 3 today at JBHIFI and when I went to install it, the serial number has already been used. I have tried to contact a games advisor through the live chat, but it doesn't work and apparently you can't email EA. I have also tried to use random serial numbers in hope I can find one that will work, but it still doesn't work. Does anybody have any ideas?

Message 1 of 7 (597 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I recommend returning it to JBHIFI and telling them what EA said. A claim with the BBB (Better Busniness Bureau) against JBHIFI could evoke some response. Do you have the reciept? When I buy a disc I usually put the receipt in the plastic jacket.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (567 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What error do you see contacting live chat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (592 Views)

★ Novice

I just got through to the live chat, it was something to do with my internet connection. However, the advisor I talked to was hopeless, he just said that the game wasn't registered my Origin account and I can't do anything with the product code I have, as it is used with another user.

Message 3 of 7 (588 Views)

Hero

Did you buy it new or is it a used game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (580 Views)

★ Novice

New

Message 5 of 7 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I recommend returning it to JBHIFI and telling them what EA said. A claim with the BBB (Better Busniness Bureau) against JBHIFI could evoke some response. Do you have the reciept? When I buy a disc I usually put the receipt in the plastic jacket.

Message 6 of 7 (568 Views)

★ Novice

Yep I kept the receipt. Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 7 (551 Views)