Re: Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

by myriahguyton

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Okay, Ive read this whole thing and I have tried everything that was suggested. I am new to the modding thing and nothing is working!

1. I got all of the mods from modthesims.com.
2. Yes, I've enabled the content.
3. They dont show up when in package form but do show up in like the little window in the main menu when in zip.
4. When I click on the zip files there is a file inside of it which the zip should be and I dont know if thet counts as a sub folder.
5. The mods I got are all custom content, hair, tails, ears, etc.
6. I have removed the Recourses thing and restarted the game, didnt work.
7. I have re started the game, multiple times, didnt work.
8. I have put the mods in every mods file I could find, still doesnt work.
9. Before I spend at least an hour making a zip of every file I downloaded I couldnt start the game because there was a wrong file.
10. Point is: I dont know what else to do, Im stumped, I just want fun mods to play with and make some cool fudging sims WHY IS THIS SO HARD?!

Message 111 of 219 (1,064 Views)

Hero

Hi @xBlack-Wolfiex

old script mods are in zip format in order to work, all others should be package files so I'm surprised they work for you in zip format. 

Could you post a screenshot of your mods folder and the little window ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 112 of 219 (1,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its not woring Frown

Message 113 of 219 (1,028 Views)

Hero

Hi @D3vilgurl1344

have you tried all the suggestions ? Does nothing work ? Do you have cc turned on in your game options ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 114 of 219 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same

Message 115 of 219 (1,012 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

my custom harvestables arent showing up in sims 4

Message 116 of 219 (957 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont have a resource,cgp file in my mods folder! what should i do.

Message 117 of 219 (844 Views)

Hero

It should be auto-created when you start the game.  If it does not appear after starting the game, then the game is probably using a different folder than you are looking at. 

Are you using oneDrive ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 118 of 219 (842 Views)

★★★ Novice

So, I downloaded a whole lot of cc from many different websites, and a lot of just won't show up. I don't have any subflders or anything (do I have to?). It also seems to only be the Zip files that aren't showing up. Are they outdated or am I doing something wrong?

Message 119 of 219 (788 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The zip files needs to be unpacked.

You don't have to use subfolders but I would recommend it so it is easier to work with when a Mod or CC causes the game to crash or have other errors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 120 of 219 (782 Views)