[NEEDS SAVES] Try for Baby & Woohoo cancels/doesn't happen

by gabster1865

Original Post

Re: Try for baby not working after update

★★★ Novice

Nearly the same thing is happening to me! Except for one exception. The try-for-baby interaction makes my sims just idly chat, no interaction goes through. But if I wait for a few seconds, they eventually commence with the Try for Baby at the spot I told them to do so originally.

Message 11 of 42 (832 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Try for Baby cancels/doesn't happen

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 42 (821 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Try for Baby cancels/doesn't happen

★★★ Guide

I uploaded my save with the form - I believe there are 2 saves in that - I wasn't very awake last night when I did it so my apologies, it is the most recently played save files - I can do it again if you wish. I've been playing this save for a while, it's not new, and streaming my 100 Alien Baby Challenge with it - it didn't start this issue until the recent bug patch fixing the aging and groundhog issues, and I JUST turned aging back on for this save successfully so I'm not sure what the issue is, but I got J Huntington and his wife to try for baby once, it didn't work, so I tried to get them to do it again and boom, nothing. Super super weird.

Message 13 of 42 (765 Views)

★ Guide

Same for me. And just asking for woohoo, too. If the two sims are already in a conversations, the "ask for woohoo" interaction appears in the queue, then drops from it, but as soon as the sims finish the interaction they are currenty in - friendly, funny, whatever it is - they initiate woohoo. But the interaction itself - the asking-accepting animations - don't show. If the sims are previously not in a conversation, then it works like it used to.

Message 14 of 42 (757 Views)

★★★ Guide

So I thought this was my issue, but I was able to get it to work today - I'm not sure what was different, but I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a tuning on spatial routing? If so then it seems as if something was tweaked recently b/c that house worked perfectly before.

Message 15 of 42 (745 Views)

my sims won't try for baby

★★★ Newbie

Hi my sims won't try for baby.

I have no mods in my game or cc and have deleted my game files and hit prepare 5 times, my game is completely updated.

the option exists but my sims keep switching for another reaction. this happened with any couple in the world in every lot. 

this has happened to me before and was resolved in the past nothing is working now.

Message 16 of 42 (744 Views)

Re: my sims won't try for baby

Hero
@Shnoognfire I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post and send your save to Nick as asked above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 42 (696 Views)

My sims game works perfectly well except for try for baby

★★★ Newbie

Hi Everything in my sims 4 game works except for the try for baby option. My sims are fine with Woohoo and go through with the action but start another action every time they try for baby. the interaction is available in chat and on every woohoo object but none will go through with it.

I have been already linked on another post on here, I sent my folders but no one has gotten back to me and it has been multiple days and nothing I do will fix the problem. The new update did not fix the problem nor add any new ones. I have no old saves, no mods, no cc. I have uninstalled the game and repaired it multiple times I even went so far as to uninstall the game AND origin from my computer and every time it fails.

Please I am desperate

nothing is working

Shnoognfire18

Message 18 of 42 (709 Views)

Re: My sims game works perfectly well except for try for baby

Hero
@Shnoognfire18 Sending saves to EA is for the purpose of them being able to replicate in a future patch. With Bugs, there often isn't a solution so it's great that you sent your saves.

All you can do now is wait now until it's fixed.

In my own experience, trying multiple times works for me. Maybe have them standing right next to the bed.

Maybe also try turning off autonomy so they don't get distracted by other things.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 42 (670 Views)

Sims will not try for baby

★★ Novice

Since the most recent patch (4/11/2022), my sims will not try for a baby, but they can woohoo. They will get the relationship hearts when they ask to try for baby, but they reset right after asking to try for a baby. The bed is accessible, and so is the shower. I am frustrated that I cannot figure this out. I have nearly every single pack too. Both sims also have the correct sexual orientations to do try for baby.

I have tried clearing the amount of sims I have in the world, turning all my mods off, even tried a new save file and nothing is working. I even tried to cheat a pregnancy and I cannot even pick the husband for the target sim??? Not sure what else to do.

Message 20 of 42 (740 Views)