Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Try for Baby & Woohoo cancels/doesn't happen

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Cottage Living, Dine Out, My Wedding Stories, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood,Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims can not try for a baby
What happens when the bug occurs? The action pops up in the sims queue. Their romance level increases but the action then goes away.
What do you expect to see? The sims should walk up to each other and ask, then go to an available bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated the Sims with the High School Stories Patch Update

I wanted my sims to have one more baby, bt when I tiredthe action popped up in queue however my sims never walked up to each other and went to the bed. All they did was gain romance. I turned off mods and tried again however it still didn't work. I have never experienced this problem before which makes me think it has to do with the new patch update which has caused other smaller glitches in my game.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 42 (9,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Try for baby

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 41 of 42 (3,121 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims Can't try for a baby

Hero

Hi @gabster1865 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 42 (9,309 Views)

Sims won’t try for baby

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask sim to try for baby
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims start using their phones or chatting instead of trying for a baby
What do you expect to see? Sims trying for a baby
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I tell my sims to “try for baby” they cancel the action and start chatting instead. 
ive tried using the bed and the shower, they are more likely to use the shower but even that sometimes fails. 

if I just tell them to woohoo, it works straight away. 

Message 3 of 42 (9,042 Views)

Re: Sims won’t try for baby

Hero
@xjodielaura There's a similar report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Try-for-Baby-cancels-doesn-t-happen/m-p/11669805

Is that what you're seeing ? Is your romance bar also going up or not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 42 (8,873 Views)

Try for baby not working after update

★ Apprentice

Sims won't try for baby anymore. The action shows in the queue, but isn't followed through. It drops and they just continue talking. I had mods installed and made sure they were cleared before updating the game. After starting  a game with new update is when the problem started. I've tried literally everything I can find. I removed mods, cleared cache, repaired the game, reset the game with new sims4 folder, and finally gave up deleted everything and reinstalled the entire game from Origin. It's still happening and I am beyond frustrated. Any help is appreciated! 

Message 5 of 42 (8,814 Views)

Re: Try for baby not working after update

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HorseGirlFarms There's several bug reports for this, each a bit different.

Do you have the romance bar going up ? Does Woohoo work ?

Does it matter where you try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 42 (8,785 Views)

Re: Sims won’t try for baby

★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes that’s the same issue! They just continue to chat for a few minutes without trying for a baby
Message 7 of 42 (8,806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The romance bar does go up and woohoo still works. On one occasion last night, they actually did try for baby, but didn't do the little dance or say anything, just walked to the bed. It doesn't seem to matter the location. Thanks for answering and sorry for the late response. I didn't receive a notification. 

Message 8 of 42 (8,726 Views)

Hero
@HorseGirlFarms I merged your post with the bug report then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 42 (8,696 Views)

★★★ Guide

I noticed the same. Eventually Try for Baby works for me, but it might take a few tries and if it does not succeed the Sims just chat.

Message 10 of 42 (8,674 Views)