Re: Sims 4 Scientist career. My sim can't make new inventions

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Hero

Yeah, that be this issue then right thread.

What happens if you don't make them ? You don't need every goal to level up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 27 (1,660 Views)

Re: [UNCLEAR] Science Career - asked to invent same devices

★★ Novice
I have the same issue except ive invented the momentum conserver 7 times and it wont stop. Every day it wants my sim to make jt and that happens every day
Message 12 of 27 (1,636 Views)

★★ Novice
The same issue is happening to me. Its a new bug as ive done the scientist career before and every day i got to invent something different. But now its only having me repeatedly make the momentum conserver over and over again
Message 13 of 27 (1,636 Views)

Hero

Don't know if it's a bug

tagging the guys for input

@SimGuruNick @SimQARobo @SimGuruArvin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 27 (1,630 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

The goals available in the Scientist career are gated by a number of things, including Breakthroughs your Sim has had, and their career rank. So if your Sim is rank 1 or 2 in the career, and only has discovered a couple different Breakthroughs, it would make sense that they're getting goals to Invent the same item over and over. That's by design.

However, if your Sim is like rank 7 in the career (just an example), and has had several Breakthroughs, and they are able to Invent many different items, but they keep getting the daily goal of Inventing the Sim Ray over and over, that sounds like a bug. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 27 (1,611 Views)

Hero

Tagging @sarah_the_mouse @marykategreer @Marlies-Senpai @Khevor to clarify more details on what they're seeing.

For me it currently isn't bad. I've been asked to invent the momentum converser twice and the simray twice.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 27 (1,605 Views)

★ Apprentice

How long ago did I even post here?  Doesn't matter anyway.  Bored to tears with Sims 4; went back to Sims 3.

Message 17 of 27 (1,593 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I just played through the Scientist career myself, up to rank 6, and I'm not really seeing any problems. Yes, I had to make like 4 Sim Rays and 7 Momentum Converters and 5 Hover Lamps during the earlier career levels, but now that I'm rank 6, and have 12 Breakthroughs, my first task has been to make the Ghost Goo Serum, or Slimify Serum, or Wormhole Generator. Newer Breakthroughs that I haven't already made several times. It appears as if I've moved up to the next "set of goals", which is what I would expect to see. 

If anyone is still seeing something differently, I would love to see your save file! Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 27 (4,831 Views)

Hero

Changing this to by design for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 27 (1,573 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have at least two different family's that are in the Scientist career and all have reached level 10. Some are at +3 and are still having to make the same items over and over. I thought once you reach level 10 there would be more traveling in space. I don't believe it is a bug, it has to be the way the Scientist career is designed.

I have found the Doctor career to be very much the same.

Message 20 of 27 (1,512 Views)