[XBOX] - Titanfall 2 - ERROR Connection to server timed out. Over and over...

by zentheducky

Original Post

[XBOX] - Titanfall 2 - ERROR Connection to server timed out. Over and over...

★★★ Newbie

I'm still getting "ERROR Connection to server timed out." when trying to connect to Titanfall 2 multiplayer on XBOX One.

Yes:

1. I've checked my internet connection (I'm hard lined)

2. I've read forums for weeks

3. I've tried contacting EA and was given the run around ("is your XBOX plugged in?.......fr)

4. I've tried connecting to different servers even with higher ping

5. I've uninstalled, installed, cleared caches, hard reset and have done everything imaginable.

I still get the same error as everyone else here...

EA. If you're listening. Please answer these basic questions: 

1. Are you guys just trying to quietly phase out Titanfall 2 servers? If so, just make an announcement that game play and servers are no longer supported so everyone isn't left in the dark.

2. If you guys aren't interested in supporting a server for your older games due to money (Like TF2), then why not make a paid membership for people (like me and many others) who would be willing to pay for extra server support/space/uptime so we can still connect and play older games?

3. Besides "checking my network" and "try a new server" what is your #1, bullet proof, proven to work, 100% will never fail, SOLUTION FOR EVERYONE TO BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO YOUR SERVERS FOR TITANFALL 2 XBOX.

Oh and please make Titanfall 3.....otherwise I will lol

Message 1 of 6 (2,034 Views)

Re: [XBOX] - Titanfall 2 - ERROR Connection to server timed out. Over and over..

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@zentheduckyAfaik they aren't phasing out the servers, but some people are DDOSing them and making them unreachable/unplayable for players. This is a big issue on PC, and sadly it got to Xbox fairly recently, too.

Edit: Given how long the PC servers have been broken, I doubt they're ever going to fix this game

Message 2 of 6 (1,913 Views)

Re: [XBOX] - Titanfall 2 - ERROR Connection to server timed out. Over and over..

★★★ Newbie

Why would someone purposely DDOS and shut down servers? I'm not denying what you're saying I'm just wondering what the incentive would be

Message 3 of 6 (1,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

It alsmost seemed like i was being DDOS'd as well. I got pretty good and who knows if someone got grouchy about it. It got really choppy play then would lose connection to the servers. That was at least 6 months ago and i quit playing. I joined XBOX game pass with includes EA game pass just for TF2. That doesnt work either. This game is only only and is useless with server connectivity. EA im tried of this and i want an explanation asap..im sure all the others do as well..i show 1672 users online for TF2 but i cant play

Message 4 of 6 (1,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Online only i meant

Message 5 of 6 (1,713 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, this is such an amazing game that the neglect it gets seems like a slap in the face to us who still TRY to play it.

I'll keep on trying though because I still get in on a game every now and then out of around 10 attempts and those games are nothing but amazing experiences.

Message 6 of 6 (1,244 Views)