Re: Titanfall2: Game failed to lunch

by awkwardanchovy

Original Post

Titanfall2: Game failed to lunch

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have installed Titanfall 2 via the steam app and it isn't launching. Everytime I try to launch the game, it open the EA app and there is a message on EA app that "An Error at our end caused your launch to fail. Try again a little later"

Anyone with any solution or hack around this to launch the game?

Message 1 of 3 (449 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

If you have the same problem that I had then I think the steam version is distributed with outdated (old) code. Try doing a search for "Update for Visual C++ 2013 and Visual C++ Redistributable Package" or if the link I'm pasting survives try this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-for-visual-c-2013-and-visual-c-redistributable-pack...

I ran the vcredist_x64.exe and rebooted, and then tf2 worked fine (apart from not finding the multiplayer servers.. but that appears to be a separate issue with EA). I don't know what the other file is for, but I am guessing it is for 32 bit computers.

Message 2 of 3 (429 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@awkwardanchovy Thanks for the reply. I have to uninstall the EA app and install the origin app to make it work. Also, run both apps (stream, origin) as administrator.
Message 3 of 3 (416 Views)