iOS to Android Migration

by css5776

Original Post

Accepted Solution

iOS to Android Migration

★★ Novice

With the Facebook Connect function disabled, is there actually a way to migrate my SWGOH account from iOS to Android? The forum posts have stated there is a method through support (in the original announcement and in the developer Q&A on April 23) but my encounters with support have...unproductive at best. Their responses have ranged from giving me a partial set of steps, to "escalating" my ticket (with no follow up), to flat out saying no even when asked about posts. "Frustrating" would be a nice way to describe my experience with EA support so far.

The situation isnt dire...I still have an iPhone to access the game...but it would be nice to play on the much larger screen of my new Android tablet. 

On a related note, is there a time table on the return of the Facebook Connect feature?

Thank you for any information.

Message 1 of 6 (606 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: iOS to Android Migration

★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 Thanks. I finally got in contact with a support rep who was familiar with the process. Once I found someone who knew what they were doing and was able to explain, the migration happened pretty quick.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (542 Views)

All Replies

@css5776 Unfortunately, customer support is the only option right now. There has been no news about when Facebook connect will be reenabled.

★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 Thanks. I finally got in contact with a support rep who was familiar with the process. Once I found someone who knew what they were doing and was able to explain, the migration happened pretty quick.
Message 3 of 6 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the opposite problem going from Android to iOS. Got in touch with 2 reps today got disconnected both times. It will not let me connect to those old cases or start a new case. This really stinks. This is the only game I have not been able to merge, and have spent at least 3 hours over the past 2 days to try to get help.

Message 4 of 6 (471 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the best luck in chat. Try to get on right when they open. It took me 4 different reps to make progress and even then required a 5th rep to finalize everything. I had to log off to collect 5 proof of purchases in the game as a security step to verify the transfer of a high value account.  You need to be persistent.  Ake sure you have player ID info for the original account. You might need to start a new account in the new format. I had to create a new Android account that they overwrote with my original iOS account. I assume the reverse would be similar.

Message 5 of 6 (454 Views)

@Mlbiv123 Facebook linking was restored with last night's update. Make sure your app is up to date, and give it a try.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 6 (420 Views)