i recently got banned for a mistake dispute charge, will my appeal go through?

by MumbuI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i recently got banned for a mistake dispute charge, will my appeal go through?

★★ Novice

I got banned for a mistake charge from my bank that I didn't even mean to do, and now since i've logged onto my computer the only message shown to me on screen was that my steam account was locked, because I had made a microtransaction I thought I got double charged for it so I may accidentally have tried to get a refund because it showed I purchased it twice somehow, literally just a skin

I'm a day zero player of Apex Legends and just want to play on my account... it's valued at atleast $300 which isn't too crazy but it's got my heirlooms and skins Frown

Message 1 of 7 (443 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: i recently got banned for a mistake dispute charge, will my appeal go throug

Community Manager

This isn't something we can change here on the public forums, but just in case, please also contact our Terms of service team so they can review your account 

Get information about your EA Account lock, ban, or suspension  

EA_PulsarAHQ

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (348 Views)

All Replies

Re: i recently got banned for a mistake dispute charge, will my appeal go throug

Community Manager

Hey @MumbuI 

If your Steam account has been banned for some reason, you need to contact Steam support in order to dispute that sanction. We are not able to remove sanctions on Steam.

Just in case, please also download the game on the EA app and check if you can play it. 

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 2 of 7 (414 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Pulsar so it was a disputed charge through my bank, complete accident, and it looks like fraud but I did not intend to do it, i also just loaded up EA app to play apex and it notified me that I am indeed banned and cannot access online services, i've reversed what happened through my bank and they're emailing me a statement letter to prove it was reversed so my steam can get unlocked but I dont even know, I can't do anything.
Message 3 of 7 (385 Views)

Community Manager

This isn't something we can change here on the public forums, but just in case, please also contact our Terms of service team so they can review your account 

Get information about your EA Account lock, ban, or suspension  

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 4 of 7 (349 Views)

★★ Novice

They unbanned me! they're very understanding and have to maintain the structure of everything but they reviewed my account and i'm good!

Message 5 of 7 (331 Views)

Community Manager

I am happy to hear that, @MumbuI Thanks for letting us know 😉👍

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 6 of 7 (251 Views)

Community Manager

I am happy to hear that, @MumbuI Thanks for letting us know 😉👍

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 7 of 7 (250 Views)