You can't Saber Attack immediately after Dodging anymore

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Re: You can't Saber Attack immediately after Dodging anymore

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@o_JA50N_o  Agreed, Vader is incredibly OP; with his slower stam regen you have to be more thought oriented to use him.

i can and do often hold my own with Vader against multiple opponents, however, the mechanics for doing so, on Xbox at least, are very clumsy and poor. 

it requires a lot of properly timed dodging to place enough distance between you and the mele squad to be able to get a good jump off so as to regen some stam ... problem is, at least on Xbox, this is quirky because even from a distance and at height the hit box will register a saber strike if you try to jump over your opponents. .. If you jump in any other direction to avoid a saber strike you risk an ability being used on you. So, in truth, the gameplay logic for how to contend with these situations on Xbox, is broken and inconsistent; it’s up to chance, no matter how properly you time yourself. 

Matchmaking has been really odd; I find myself in HvV lobbies where I’m using characters of MUCH higher level and it shows in the gameplay experience base (or lack there of) of my opponents. It’s generally on HS that I find more experienced players. 

As for surviving the mele train, if you can hold your attackers at bay long enough for your squad to reinforce you then you can regroup and go on the offensive but with the Xbox environment being so glitchy and inconsistent it’s anyone’s guess. 

Have a look at the matchmaking example attached. This is a very common and consistent example of what I see every match. Whilst I know that character level isn't indicative of player level it IS a good indicator of gameplay exposure and experience; especially with all the Double XP & Triple XP periods. For reference, since it’s hard to see, my character level (in this case) was a 185 ... compared to everyone else. 

Message 61 of 66 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Bab0oshmy ping is 25 and I have one of the best internet speeds in my country thank you very much and considering there's only 6 ping sites for this game worldwide I have a good ping to the server considering EA don't use a server as good as they do for other games. The issues I stated are common issues stated by players since release and I don't believe you're the only one who doesn't get them. That's impossible. A lot of the issues aren't even server related. As for you saying this: "I use the counter-attack mechanic to kill them all, and when I say “all” is the most ludicrous thing I've ever read in a long time. You really expect me to believe that? You're either good at the game or not, there's not much of a skill gap and it's easy to learn certain combat but no matter how good or bad you are at this game , if you play Heroes v Villains regular you'll experience at least once where you're unable to survive a team of 3 or 4 saber/ability spamming you and nothing you will say will made me believe you at all.

Message 62 of 66 (955 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Bab0osh 

Is it really fascinating that after you dismiss everything everyone is saying with half baked answers, and portrays yourself as a pro player to verify your claims, people want to answer you back? Just because you said you'd run away from the discussion you think people will just go on with your nonsense quietly? It's not just a matter of the possibility of you changing your mind, but especially for the bypassers that see this discussion and should have a proper ending to it, unlike you gave them.

And so you admit you're wrong and that you went off-topic. Well, the part you went off-topic is pretty straightforward, no need to admit that. You and @VetteC5RX have loads of exchanged messages about things not covered on this report. There's even a whole page of just you 2 discussing many things totally unrelated to the subject of this report. But in confirming you said many false things, then I encourage you to leave this place and never return, because AHQ doesn't need people that deliver LOADS of lies with cohesion and property. If you want to be a troll, troll lightly, don't make well worked and detailed answers to fool people who don't know better.

But we all know you're lying now, at least from your PoV. You do believe in what you said. It's just a simple strategy in the discussion, admitting the premises but refuting the conclusion, with an ironic touch of incompetence on your part to give it some charm. I'm familiar with these Deception Arts, so please don't try it. Just like you tried the Argument of Authority, and just embarrassed yourself while doing it.

@Bab0osh wrote:

It’s almost fascinating to see myself mentioned by I do not know how many people here only after saying that I will not come and post anything again. So hello again everybody.

Almost equally fascinating, @RogueZeroRendar says I say wrong things and get away from the subject. Let's try something: I admit that everything I said is wrong and that I was completely off topic.

And now what’s left? Who’s getting away from the subject?

This bug report ticket no longer has any reason to be because, if the author who says it himself is believed, it only deals with a problem which has been solved but which could still be improved for him. Apparently, still according to him, there are 2 ways to achieve the same result as before, the old way being simply simpler to do with a chain of action system which is no longer there. 3 unskilled ways to perform an action, but we could say the 2 new ones involve more risks (as there is no risk with the older one which was automatically chaining the dodge and the attack) and could be designated as “more skilled” than the older method if this wasn’t off topic.

The game works, but it does not work as some would like. This topic has become a chimerical weeping office, where everyone only complains of purely subjective things linked each time: either to a poor understanding of what it is interesting “to do or not to do” to win in a lightsaber combat with the current game state, or to simple preferences as if this game was a particular service dispensed for each player.

And please, make yourself intelligible: How talking about the Dodge Attack mechanic is Off-Topic? You say your things like you're about to leave, and then you come back to the discussion? What's wrong with you? And you're answering me there, I'm the OP, I'm the author, why talking about me in third person if I'm the one you're responding to? And you say if I'm to be believed? Why don't you go test the game yourself then? You just admitted you haven't done anything, yet  in previous messages you stated things with certainty as if you had tested them yourself, again another deception on your part.

About the 2 ways to achieve the same result, they don't pose any risks, I tried them relentlessly and they pose no risk at all. At least no risk of failing the Dodge Attack that is, before you twist my words when you eventually come back again. The risk only exists if you try to time the attack and press its button once. If you spam, or hold the button, it's 100% success rate.

And no, you're diminishing the issue here by labeling it as personal preferences. Having to let go of the directional buttons is in no way a proper fix to the issue. This is a weird issue, and especially for Console Players it's a nuisance. If you don't let go of the directionals, you'll perform a basic attack, not a Dodge Attack. It's bad, it's a nuisance, it's not like it was before. So it's NOT a proper fix. It's very simple, you don't understand because you don't want to.

And to finish this:

@RogueZeroRendar wrote:

Ok, I just tested after the update.

The Dodge Attacks are back, however in a much different state then they were before. Now you must let go of any directions while already dodging for the following dodge attack to work. And you can't queue the attack before the dodge is over by pressing its button, this will result in nothing done. So you either get the proper timing, or else either spam or hold the attack button to not lose the timing.

I welcome this change, but until further notice I don't think this should be labeled fixed.

Where in this post have I stated it's FIXED? Stop putting words on my mouth! In no way I said it's fixed. The attack animations are back, the ability to dodge and attack the exposed back is now quicker (not sure if equal to how it was before the BUG, but if not it's really close), but that's it. Now you have a harder way to perform them as the queue function is gone (but not gone from Dodge-meleeing or Dodge and using abilities afterwards, or queues elsewhere like queuing an Air Slash while jumping, queuing a Lunge Attack while still in air, or queuing multiple attacks if spamming the attack button and only that), and most importantly, there is this extreme nuisance that forces people to let go of the directionals to perform the Dodge Attack, which doesn't enhance anything in any way, it's extremely hard for Console players due to the use of a Stick instead of buttons, and wasn't how it was before.

If the feature hasn't come back to how it was, then it's not a fix. And if I didn't say it was fixed, then I didn't say it was fixed.

Message 63 of 66 (927 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@RogueZeroRendar 

Are you sure you want to play this game?

You like to dissect the words of others to what we can see, it shouldn’t bother you if we do the same with you: “half baked answers”, this is your point of view and I am curiously awaiting your arguments; “portrays yourself as a pro player to verify your claims”, I didn’t know that the desire to give advice to players was the same as the desire to portray an expert player, and moreover for a purpose to reinforce claims, unless there again you give your personal opinion without adding a single argument; “because you said you'd run away from the discussion you think people will just go on with your nonsense quietly”, the people concerned in no way tried to argue for their opinion if they had one, they simply decided to tag me and then inconsistently refute what I say, these are two very different things which make that there is no discussion and therefore no discussion to flee, simply a waste of time to avoid; “not just a matter of the possibility of you changing your mind”, thank you for your humble solicitude; “but especially for the bypassers that see this discussion and should have a proper ending to it, unlike you gave them”, it seems that there was nothing humble and no solicitude on your part in the end, you reveal awkwardly your real objective and your pretension to want to place you as a knight savior of this topic. I could go on, I only made one of your paragraphs, but I'm going to stop there because although fun it is exhausting to play your dissection game.

You seem to be familiar with specific terms: "Deception Arts" and "Argument of Authority". By no means do you seem to know what you're talking about. Are you aware that to designate me as using an argument from authority without explaining what it is or to quote me is in itself an argument from authority? You designate one of my arguments as belonging to a category without explanation about why its content could be a fallacy, hoping that we will be satisfied with it: this is the definition of an argument from authority. But the funniest thing is to see you confuse simple absurd reasoning with deceptive rhetoric. It was just a matter of disregarding everything I had said and commenting on what was left on this topic in order to highlight how pointless this topic is. The most interesting thing comes right after, when you finally decide to argue: you decide to take my words at face value in order to lean on them. The height is that this practice is for once a real art of deception with the aim of discrediting the other indirectly. You even want to add an example when talking about my exchanges with VetteC5RX. You are at least aware that I was trying to put an end to his misunderstandings concerning the functioning of the game in order to try to avoid that he strayed further from the subject, right? Because if not, you are focusing on something that you could also be credited with when you answer me, for example. I now understand why you’re familiar with these terms, people may have already used them when talking about your rhetoric.

Also, it's curious but you don't seem to bear the fact that I mention you without speaking to you. I was speaking to other readers. You don’t need to react that badly to the fact you’re not the center of the world since nobody is.

I hope I won’t be too rude but basically the only thing that you display know how to do, as much with your own experiences as with others, is to take point by point elements without thinking about the whole thing. Without reflection or spirit of synthesis. With Battlefront 2 as with people who don't share your opinion, you're looking to take out what doesn't work for you rather than figuring out how you could deal with it. The saddest thing is that if your comfort of life is acquired when all the “BUG” that get in your way are eradicated, it is impossible to obtain it on a world scale then you are comforting yourself with what you can delimit: video games, other people's words, and I don't know what other thematics.

Let’s take things down to earth, you know that, speaking one last time about the dodge+attack mechanics. Since I am lying, that I am not testing anything and that I know nothing about console joysticks (I am ironic, I must say this to avoid making you plunge back into your faults), it is true that there is no risk of losing responsiveness and 1/10 of efficiency in having to keep a key pressed with a finger, and no risk of losing precision when you have a strategy in mind and that you frantically spam a key after almost all the dodges you need to do in a lightsaber fight. The old method was indeed much more risky with its queue system. And then it is ridiculous to think that training to press the attack button once at the right time just after a dodge is the least risky and also ridiculous to say that the only thing to consider is that it requires more skill than before (now I won't be ironic anymore). Having to release the direction button only affects the display of the dodge+attack animation, but the result in the fight is the same.

To conclude, in reaction to your penultimate paragraph filled with observations put end to end which remain without conclusion, there are only two changes: the dodge+attack no longer benefits from the queue mechanics and it’s now necessary to release the direction key during the dodge+attack to display the specific animation. The first modification only has the effect of adding skill to lightsaber fights and the second only concerns a partially resolved visual aspect. This conclusion is bizarrely in line with the various things that I defended in my posts.

You only see a feature that has a bug and not a feature that has evolved positively. It’s clear that this topic will forever make sense to you so I leave it to you. I have no time to waste looking back. I leave you to your umpteenth analysis of what I can say with this message.

Without ulterior motives, nor irony, nor bad faith, and because basically I have nothing against you, may the Force be with you in these difficult times.

Message 64 of 66 (830 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Despite some clear attempt to hijack this report, devs knew better and finally fixed this issue for good. Dash Attacks are now back to their former glory. An honest thank you from a dedicated Day 1 player and bughunter!

Message 65 of 66 (1,938 Views)

★★ Novice

Wait, THIS is why dashing and attacking was always so terrible and is now suddenly smooth?

Damn, this update just keeps delivering.

Message 66 of 66 (709 Views)