Re: Visual Problems

by Asterias_9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Visual Problems

★★★★ Novice

I'm having visual problems, like in the match after 4-5 mins the whole map would become BUGGED, different colors will pop-up infront of me (blocking my view) and the ground becomes black! and suddenly my game crashes and shows up an "Engine error". Are there any fix to these problems? 

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 cores)

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 (8GB) 

RAM: 16GB

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 

Message 1 of 14 (1,153 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Asterias_9 

Gotcha. Those temperatures should be fine. 

Would it be possible to try rolling back to an earlier driver to see if that makes a difference? I was seeing some issues recently with NVIDIA cards, and several people mentioned that rolling back to drivers from December made a big difference. I'm curious if something similar might be happening with AMD drivers as well. 

If you're able to give that a shot please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 14 (1,020 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Asterias_9

Let's take a look and see if we can figure out what might be causing this. First, have you had the chance to try repairing the game to see if that helps?

If you're playing through Origin you can right-click on Apex Legends in your Library and click the Repair option when the menu pops up. If you're using Steam try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if that helps. You can find more details on how to verify the files over at the Steam Support website

Once you've had the chance to give this a shot please let me know if you're still getting any visual issues. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 14 (1,130 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello hello! Thanks for the reply! 

I first had this bug in season 4 but only ONCE after that the game worked perfectly till season 7's update. The bug become more regular(not too regular) in season 7 and at that time I wasn't aware of "integrity of games" option. And in season 8, it just occurs in every match, I have tried several Methods to solve it but it was of no use. I switched apex to steam cuz origin was having some sort of acc issues, in the beginning after I switched to steam, the game was good and playable but still sometimes BUGS did appeared. After season 8's update it was unplayable, constant VISUAL BUGS and the MAJOR BUG " DEVICE HUNG ERROR". I've tried the "repair" and "integrity of games" on both launchers Aka Steam and Origin. But it's still not effective! And as I've said before, it still becomes messy just after 4-5 mins. And after the game becomes messy, the PC freezes for bout 2-3 seconds. Then the most MAJOR error shows up "DEVICE HUNG ERROR". Sometimes, after the crash, Either the PC restarts or shows up "DEVICE HUNG ERROR" and so far, these two are the only problems I'm facing now. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Some more screen shots of "Messed up visual" 

Message 4 of 14 (1,043 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Asterias_9 You are not alone. This exact same thing happened to me today (Sunday, 04.11.21). Had to restart the game . . . which was actually the second time I had to restart because the first time launching Apex my ping delays were in the upper 40ms. Normally they're in the 27/28ms range. Something isn't right. Hasn't been for quite awhile. Sad.
Message 5 of 14 (1,031 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the updates!

When you have the chance can you share a DxDiag so we can take a look? You can find more information on how to pull one up over at the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 14 (916 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here! 

Message 7 of 14 (905 Views)

Community Manager

@Asterias_9 

Looking through the diagnostics section I noticed that the Radeon Software seems to be crashing pretty often. It also looks like the driver itself might be crashing as well. Would it be possible to try a clean reinstall of your video drivers to see if that helps? 

You can try running software like Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) if you're comfortable with that. Just keep in mind, this isn't EA software so you would be running it at your own risk. Once the drivers have been removed try downloading the most recent ones again from the AMD website

Let me know if you're still seeing any visual issues or crashes afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 14 (896 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm sorry for the late reply! 

I reinstalled the drivers as you said, but the issue is still there. I reinstalled the drivers last night, and after reinstalling the drivers completely, the game was running smoothly and now (today), in the second match there was an sudden "engine error" and after restarting the game, the visuals were bugged again. 

Message 9 of 14 (869 Views)

Community Manager

@Asterias_9 

Thank you for giving it a shot!

Have you been keeping an eye on your GPU temperatures while Apex Legends is running? You aren't seeing anything out of the ordinary? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 14 (821 Views)