Season 13 patching issues info gathering thread

by EA_David

Original Post

Season 13 patching issues info gathering thread

Community Manager

Hey guys, we just wanted to create this thread to gather info and feedback on any patching issues you may experience with the transition into Season 13. 

If you do have issues:

• Please include your platform.
  • Be as complete with info as possible. Even the smallest detail could be relevant. 
  • Please let us know if you're prone to experiencing repeated similar issues or if it's a once off, is good.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 178 (19,409 Views)

Re: Season 13 patching issues info gathering thread

★★★ Newbie

So I already downloaded the new update season 13 but when season 13 comes in my PS4 suddenly say download apex update but I already update it.i play on PS4.

Message 2 of 178 (19,360 Views)

Community Manager
@vernomously16 On PS4 and 5 the update can download before the patch is launced.

That update then sits on your hard drive until actual patching time, at which point it's actually applied to the game.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 178 (19,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But I need to install it again 

Message 4 of 178 (19,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But In my situation I download it twice I don't know if this can be fix or what did someone have this kind of problem because my Friend also have same situation as I am

Message 5 of 178 (19,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Got an issue during the battle royale match. Engine Error: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG .

Specs:

Platform - PC (Steam);

OC: Windows 10 22H1;

CPU: Intel I9-10900K;

GPU: RTX 3080 10 GB;

RAM: DDR4 2x16 GB 4400CL17;

SSD: Samsung EVO 970.

I had technical issues (crash without error) at the start of the s12 (or split) but this was fixed in patch a week later. I haven't had any other issues after this fix.

Message 6 of 178 (19,284 Views)

Apex download problems

★★★ Newbie

Alright so, ever since season 11 on steam my apex game WILL NOT update correctly. I don't know why. Even after I upgraded my system (went from * laptop to a mostly up to date pc) it still does this. It's so incredibly annoying. Every time it does this exactly-

1. Download update
  2. Proceed to verify file integrity after download finished
  3. Starts Installing 
  4. Stops installing past 20%
  5. I press pause update 
  6. The estimated install time starts to infinitely go up NEVER actually pausing
  7. I watch for a few moments and then shut down computer
  8. Apex just sits there saying "Missing files" in the steam library 
  9. I completely uninstall apex and reinstall
  10. apex acts normal

I have no idea why it does this, but it just does. 

Message 7 of 178 (19,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Intel I9 12900k

6000 DDR5 32GB

EVGA 3080TI. 

2k @ max settings with GSYNC

Getting DX_HUNG errors. Crashed twice in a row. No crash log in documents. Latest drivers. Season 12 ran fine. 

Message 8 of 178 (19,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Platform: PC

Lobas jumpdrive doesnt work most of the time for me. This happens only in a match, not at firing range. It notifies server prediction error and jump drives cooldown resets. Looks like some server issue to me because Ive also noticed that ping in one match goes from 20 to 50 but when I tried ping and packet loss tests on my PC everything was 100% okay. In Season 12 (two hours before season 13 came out) was everything ok. Can the servers be like overloaded because a lot of people is playing after release of S13 ? Ill try to play tomorow,

Message 9 of 178 (19,236 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

After downloading the update on steam, I cannot get past the start menu, and the first time I could not get past the video.

my specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 3600

GPU: rx 580 4gb

RAM: 16gb 3200

running on a hard disk

the error message that comes up is in the attached screenshot

it reads as follows:

sh_dev_utility.nut: CLIENT SCRIPT COMPILE ERROR: Undefined variable "GetAllItemFlavours"

Message 10 of 178 (19,207 Views)