Re: Really Bad Connectivity Issues For Apex Legends On PS4

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Really Bad Connectivity Issues For Apex Legends On PS4

★★★★ Novice

My game has been lagging incredibly badly for the past two-months -- I've done just about everything to try and fix the lag. I've restarted my PlayStation when the lag happens, disconnect my PS4 from the internet and re-connected it, restarted my router, tried different servers -- nothing seems to work. I'm currently in the process of re-downloading my game in hopes that helps. I've gone as far as seeing if my console needed to be updated or if the game itself needed to be. Nothing.

I get pretty much all the errors that come with the game -- mainly latency error, packet loss, and congestion. I usually play the game when no-one is home, there are maybe three, maybe four devices connected to the internet at a time, and none of them are chugging the internet. I do live in a literal village, so my WiFi isn't the best in the world, but I was able to play the game on 1.0 Mbps worth of upload speed. My internet is currently running at 13.8 mbps download and 5.77 mbps upload speed. Apex uses 200 MB per hour -- I suck at math, so I don't know if my WiFi is even compatible with this -- other than that, there is nothing that should be making the game lag this badly, it even lags in the lobby too. 

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do, or how to limit the amount of lag, that would be awesome. Connecting my PlayStation directly to the router is out of the question because it is my landlords internet I'm using, and it's in his section of the house -- I live beneath him.

Message 1 of 10 (9,320 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @MykieSmoothBrain

Let's take a look and see what we can do to help out with this. The best place to start would be with the basic connection troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help site. If you're still having trouble after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how that goes when you've got the chance. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (9,260 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @MykieSmoothBrain

Let's take a look and see what we can do to help out with this. The best place to start would be with the basic connection troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help site. If you're still having trouble after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how that goes when you've got the chance. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (9,261 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @MykieSmoothBrain

Were you able to give those steps a shot? Are you still having any connectivity issues at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 10 (9,227 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, no. Nothing seems to be working. I'm out of ideas.

Message 4 of 10 (9,186 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @MykieSmoothBrain,

Thanks for following up! I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into trouble. There are some other things we can try that might help with this. 

I'd like to see if updating your DNS settings has any effect. The DNS is like the address book your device is using to determine the route it's taking to its destination. In some cases using a different DNS can help with connection issues. 

To update your DNS settings follow the steps below: 

1. Open up the Settings on your PS4, then go to Network. From there go to Set Up Internet Connection, and select either WiFi or LAN cable depending on what you're using.
  2. Select Custom > IP Address Settings (Automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual)
  3. Enter the Primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and the secondary DNS as 8.8.4.4 -- This is the public Google DNS.
  4. Select Next > MTU Settings (Automatic) > Proxy Server (Do Not Use) > Test Internet Connection

Let me know if that helps with the connection issues at all. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 10 (9,117 Views)

★ Novice

I have this same issue on my PS4 but I have only packet loss and it has been happening for 2 weeks I just want to play the game I have tried every method this is the only game that I have connection problems I even let my friend use my account on his PS4 and it works fine please help fix this issue.

Message 6 of 10 (8,847 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here. I have a bad latency lag numerous times a match since season 4. I never had it before and don't have it with other games. My connection is about 20mbs and I never have anything downloading or streaming while playing. 

Message 7 of 10 (8,686 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, 

Thanks for the updates on this. 

If you're still running into this same issue after trying all the steps that were recommended in this thread, could you try running a UO Trace? That's a test that will give us a detailed look at the connection between your device and the servers, so if there's something happening in between we should be able to spot it. 

To run the test you would need access to a PC on the same network as your console. If you do, check out the EA Help website for more info on how to run it. Once you have the results please send them to me in a direct message. 

Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (8,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have 86 mbps and use cable i have no problems but somehow every now and then i get kicked, error cloud, i then get back in and get penalty for leave how is this possible?!

Message 9 of 10 (2,453 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

Since this is an older thread that was inactive for a couple years I am going to lock it to prevent necro-posting. 

If you need some help with a similar issue please feel free to create a new thread, and we can take a look. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (2,337 Views)