Re: (PC) Constant input lag and stuttering..

by Konform103

Original Post

(PC) Constant input lag and stuttering..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've read this issue is widespread but nothing fixes it for me.

The input lag is there constantly then randomly drops off but doesn't stay gone.

The stuttering is less if I turn texture streaming to none but it still happens.

Also when I put texture streaming to none it comes up saying I'm setting it too high for my VRAM. I've read people thinking this is because it means its unlimited, I don't think this is right because the texture looks potato when its on none so its turning it off.

Also I've noticed if you turn off full screen optimisation through the .exe file in Windows it doesn't actually turn it off. Is the game supposed to be forcing it on?

Message 1 of 7 (518 Views)

★ Pro
you need to check ur connection above all.. try iotrace and check if worst ping latency is not high (100ms is max for playable)

some things that can help/cause input lag (so i read):
vsync, cpu running on max, maximum prerendered frames set to high number, polling rate of mouse or keyboard too low

vram should be helpful otherwise it ends up in ur ram causing more problems
Message 2 of 7 (503 Views)

★★★ Novice

My connection and speeds seem fine and ping is about 20ms, I did bufferbloat test on DSLspeedreport and it comes back A as well.

I have no syncs on, limited my game to 70fps so its not maxing GPU/CPU on a 8400/1070ti, pre-rendered 1, default polling at 1000.

Nothing I change on my computer make a difference.

Message 3 of 7 (499 Views)

★ Pro
Have you tried without the limiting of fps? Some claim is cause of input lag.. You can try setting ddr to 2666 disable turboboost of intel and underclock cpu.. maybe disable intel speedstep
Message 4 of 7 (491 Views)

Hey @TonezzUK 

Can you provide us with a DxDiag file so we have more information?

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 7 (453 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I tried disabling turbo and my ram is already only 2400.

Message 6 of 7 (433 Views)

★★★ Novice

Attached DxDiag (I think) Large smile

Message 7 of 7 (432 Views)