Re: No sound using bluetooth headset (windows 10)

by Fr3dY2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No sound using bluetooth headset (windows 10)

★★ Novice

This is only a problem with EA games (Apex Legends). My headset works for everything else. I've seen others complain online about the same issue. I've done pretty much everything, removed device and repaired it, reinstalled drivers, disabled other disconnected audio devices, etc. I read a 'fix' that has you go into the device properties, under services of the device and deselect "Handsfree telephony", which did work for sound, but then disabled my mic. 

Has anyone had the same issue and resolved it? If not, is this a Windows 10 issue or an EA issue? In other words, is this happening with other operating systems or versions of Windows?

Message 1 of 10 (27,129 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Connect your Bluetooth headphones to PC, my steps are on windows 10

Sound settings>Sound control panel(top right)>Recording tab>DISCONNECT the Headset of your headphones(Hands Free Audio) , set the inbuilt mic on the PC as the default device( for example mines the inbuilt mic on my laptop, Shows up as Microphone)

On Playback tab DISABLE the Bluetooth headset Hands free and set the Bluetooth headphones as the default device

This made both my headphones and mic to work in game

This is a windows issue and not an apex issue as far as I can tell, I had to play around a bit before i fixed it, Let me know if it works , Happy Gaming

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (22,926 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Message 2 of 10 (27,104 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Blueberry. Appreciate the response. I had already tried the temp work-around in the first thread. I just tried one of the solutions mentioned in the second thread and it didn't fix it. I'll keep trying. In the meantime, I bought a cheap $10 microphone that I plugged into the MB audio and that seems to work for now. I had to disable the 'handsfree telephony' service on my bluetooth headset for the microphone to work, using my headset as headphones only.

Message 3 of 10 (27,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Connect your Bluetooth headphones to PC, my steps are on windows 10

Sound settings>Sound control panel(top right)>Recording tab>DISCONNECT the Headset of your headphones(Hands Free Audio) , set the inbuilt mic on the PC as the default device( for example mines the inbuilt mic on my laptop, Shows up as Microphone)

On Playback tab DISABLE the Bluetooth headset Hands free and set the Bluetooth headphones as the default device

This made both my headphones and mic to work in game

This is a windows issue and not an apex issue as far as I can tell, I had to play around a bit before i fixed it, Let me know if it works , Happy Gaming

Message 4 of 10 (22,927 Views)

★★ Novice
@KrakensPepega I tried this so many times and it's not working. Your solution is temporary and not permanent, please help
Message 5 of 10 (22,464 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Martinecko30 Make sure you followed all the steps like i said them, if you did ,well you need a wired headphones brother mine, maybe like a phone headphones so its cheap Frown, This is a windows issue, my steps make my in game audio stop working if i use discord
Message 6 of 10 (22,369 Views)

★★ Novice
@KrakensPepega I followed every single step, can you add me on discord for additional help? My tag is: Martinecko30#7824
Message 7 of 10 (22,353 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@KrakensPepega This is the kind of brilliance we need. Thank you for your help. After I read this post, i literally had an epiphany. I could have figured this out myself lol. Absolutely logical brilliance. Thank you so much because i was literally driving myself crazy for hours trying to fix this, but your solution was the only logical course of action after I thought about it. Brilliance Sir or Mam. Brilliance. You.
Message 8 of 10 (20,695 Views)

★★★ Novice

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Thx brother

Message 9 of 10 (20,637 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Try this:

Settings / System / Sound / Sound Control Panel / Communications / Set to "Do nothing"

Message 10 of 10 (18,964 Views)