Re: Main account lags but second account is fine

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Main account lags but second account is fine

★★ Novice

hi, im just gonna say that this is gonna sound weird and it has baffled me and my friends for the past week or so. My main account on apex that is about 400lvl started having fps drops at the end of the last split. At the start they were minor and only annoyed me a little. Beginning of the current split the lag got so much worse. I usually play on 120fps and now my fps drops constantly to 30fps.

I tried everything. Switched from origin to steam, disabled the steam overlay, even tried playing on the most low end settings as possible but nothing helped. I got so tilted that I couldnt find a fix so I decided to play another games for the next couple of days hoping that the lag would fix itself.

Fast forward couple of days my friend wanted to play ranked with me but he was in bronze and I was in plat so I had to switch to my second account. When I started playing I had no performance issues. I was so happy and thought that the lag had fixed itself. So after my friend stopped playing I went and tried to play some games on my main account.

For my disappointment the game still was having those same fps drops. I was so confused coz my other account was running just fine couple of hours ago. I ran both of the accounts on default settings just to see if it did something. My other account ran on smooth 120fps and my main had constant drops to 30 or so fps.

Im so confused right now. The game is unplayable on my main account and I dont wanna start grinding to masters on my second account since its only 40lvl and i have all my skins and battlepass stuff etc on my main.

Does anybody have a possible fix for this? thx for replies

Message 1 of 6 (1,897 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic  yea that might have been it. I reinstalled windows and that seems to have fixed it. Only played couple of games tho but so far so good

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,828 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

hello , this is indeed a weird issue , are you using any commands on your main account?

Message 2 of 6 (1,883 Views)

★★ Novice

No i am not

Message 3 of 6 (1,880 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hmm odd, I'm thinking if there is caching issue aka old data stored on your PC for that APEX profile. @aapox9 1

/Atic
Message 4 of 6 (1,839 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic  yea that might have been it. I reinstalled windows and that seems to have fixed it. Only played couple of games tho but so far so good

Message 5 of 6 (1,829 Views)

EA DICE Team
Glad to hear and thanks for sharing! @aapox9 Standard smile

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (1,795 Views)