How can you unlock /clubdance?

by MahouShojoKrinen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can you unlock /clubdance?

★★★ Novice

I am a recently returning preferred player with a Twi'lek character.  I've noticed that since losing my subscription, many emotes are locked.  Some seem to unlock by way of story or achievement progress, others by way of subscription.  I cannot find any verifiable proof in-game, so I wished to ask someone on the technical side.   It may be in spoiler territory to ask, but how is one intended to unlock the emote "/clubdance"?  I have been shown it by unsubscribed players, perhaps this is a bug?  Is a subscription the only way to dance how I want to?

Message 1 of 5 (884 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can you unlock /clubdance?

@MahouShojoKrinen wrote:

Some seem to unlock by way of story or achievement progress, others by way of subscription. 

That emote is subscriber only

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (787 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@MahouShojoKrinen 

Subscription status has no effect on emotes.  Emotes are unlocked when purchased on a character from the Cartel Market or from a pack and then used on that character.  To use them on a different character, you have to go to your Collections window with CTRL + C, go to the emotes section and then purchase the unlock for the specific emote you unlocked.  Once purchased you can go to the collections on any character to redeem the emote on any other character.

If you feel that the emote should unlocked already, you can email support@swtor.com with that emote, your Display Name, Character Name and server and they can investigate from there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 5 (833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply, I suppose I should be more specific.  I understand that the emote is not intended to be unlocked as it stands.
The emote is nowhere to be found on the cartel market, and the tool-tip for locked emotes suggests that some are tied to legacy unlocks or such.
Since I cannot find this specific emote in the cartel market, I am wondering if there is a reason, or if not, what the specific way to unlock it would otherwise be.

Message 3 of 5 (824 Views)

@MahouShojoKrinen wrote:

Some seem to unlock by way of story or achievement progress, others by way of subscription. 

That emote is subscriber only

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 5 (788 Views)

★★★ Novice

That's-  more than a little bit disappointing and also incredibly frustrating.  Thank you for your answer.

Message 5 of 5 (766 Views)