Re: Serious FPS drop in Containment

Community Manager

@kartikins 

Do any of these solutions work?

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 20 (926 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry I'll check those out. But generally I don't have any FPS spikes drops or problems, mostly the game runs fine and smooth. But it is noticeable when I go into this one area on the map suddenly very significant drops start occuring... from my own personal experience mapping for Source (lots of CS) this did manifest much more like a specific map related problem as opposed to some global conflict which would affect things everywhere all the time. I have removed an autoexec config with a few console commands to see if that makes any difference, but pretty much all it has was this :

cl_drawmonitors 1
cl_forcepreload 1
mat_screen_blur_enabled 0
hud_setting_minimapRotate 1
hud_setting_pingAlpha "0.400000"
refresh 144
// fps_max 0
fps_max unlimited
r_drawtracers_firstperson "1" //set to 0 for no tracers on your bullets
mat_autoexposure_override_min_max "1" // is required to get the other auto exposure commands working
mat_autoexposure_max "1" // slightly lowered the exposure of the world
mat_autoexposure_min "0.9"
mat_autoexposure_speed "9" // Speed between the exposure changes
mat_autoexposure_uncap "0"
sprint_view_shake_style "1"
Message 12 of 20 (919 Views)

Containment lowers fps too much

★ Pro

Dear Respawn and EA,

I'm seeing drops to 40 fps in containment , the area is just not playable. In training mode i get 100fps and between 60-90fps in normal areas

I've never had this issue before (before season 2 changed this area)

Regards

Message 13 of 20 (901 Views)

Re: Containment lowers fps too much

Community Manager

Some of you had separate posts on this so I merged them all in the same spot. Can you all attach a DxDiag for us so we can look at the PC specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 20 (869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Usually I have 120-200FPS. In containment there's consistently huge drops and therefore screenfreezes

Just dropping my dxdiag - 

Message 15 of 20 (856 Views)

Anonymous

The same for me, the Containment area is unplayable for me so I always avoid it. Usually I sit in 72fps (locked in riva tuner) and gsync enabled but in Containment fps frops to 40fps ! Which for me is unplayable.

Attached dxdiag file.

Message 16 of 20 (847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. 8700k/GTX 1080 and I can get 144 mostly everywhere, slight dips during fights. But in containment it can descend as low as 80-70 fps, especially outside.

Message 17 of 20 (788 Views)

FPS halved in Containment

★★ Guide

What's up with this area dropping 50% of your framerate as soon as you get close? Will it get fixed? I avoid this area like the plague because of this bug.

Message 18 of 20 (729 Views)

Re: FPS halved in Containment

Community Manager

@Throhjen 

Moved your post to this discussion.

We've raised this up to the team to be aware of. There is a lot of going on in that area like the flyers in the cages and Leviathan moving, so a drop in FPS compared to other areas of the map doesn't sound out of the ordinary. We'll make sure to let them know we're getting feedback around this, thanks for reporting it!

Blueberry.png
Message 19 of 20 (707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there an update on this? All of my friends have had this issue since the new map update we all have NVIDIA cards and we all have both Intel and AMD CPUs. The problem is not just containment, but also leviathans. It's really annoying dropping down to 70-80fps from 120 due to a specific location.

Message 20 of 20 (596 Views)