Re: Engine Error: FS_CheckAsyncRequest

by hirohiro_sub

Original Post

Champion

Hey guys,

So, it seems that a second instance of this issue has started manifesting.

Same error, different cause.

The DX12 issue is still being looked into, though it seems like they've got a patch ready.

Though with the recent update it seems like some players are getting the same error despite them playing on DX11 and whatnot.

It seems like this issue primarily happens when loading into a match, though it's possible that there are some other triggers.

This issue is also being investigated, though no ETA has been provided.

Message 41 of 48 (878 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Photon000 i had 5-7 games, i mean i tried to play, but i crashed at least 15 times.
while the game was not launched i tried the verifying thing in steam and it helped.
the path is right click on Apex in library => properties => Local Files => Verify integrity of game files...
Message 42 of 48 (807 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mako The issue has been going from April to August causing me to not play properly
Message 43 of 48 (584 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello ! I'm really desperate. I can't play Apex at all anymore, and I get this error code Engine Error: FS_CheckAsyncRequest every time I launch a game, most of the time after the character selection when it's time to jump but also sometimes even in the menu.

I've tried everything: reinstalling the game, reinstalling the GPU drivers, adding the command line at launch (DX12). Launch the game from steam installed on C:, from EA installed on C:, repair game files, change graphics settings, format my C: drive and reinstall windows, install windows on another hard disk, reinstall windows and test with my old GPU... I've hit a dead end, and I should point out that all my other games run without a hitch.

I have an I5 13600KF, 32Gb Ram, RTX 6950 XT. I've been seeing this error appear progressively for a few months now. At first I had crashes 1 game out of 10 games, and it slowly got worse, then since the last update I simply can't play at all. Important information: with each crash, when I restart the game and it doesn't crash again immediately, the game jerks for about 10 seconds and so does the FPS counter, then everything returns to normal, regardless of the GPU used.

Please help

Message 44 of 48 (486 Views)

★★ Novice

FIXED! it was because of my AMD free sync compatible monitor. It activates automatically when drivers are installed. I disabled it manually in AMD software i dont have crashes anymore. Hope this will help someone

Message 45 of 48 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am still experiencing the same problem. I have tried everything listed below, but the problem persists and the game crashes multiple times in one match.

In addition, Windows itself crashes sometimes, and a blue screen is displayed.

1. Use of DirectX 12 (Using DirectX 11 also not working)
  2. Clear cache files and Verify game files
  3. Clean boot of Windows
  4. Launch Apex as administrator
  5. Reinstall game
  6. Switch Nvidia game-ready drivers (536.99, 537.13, 537.34, 537.42)
  7. Lower graphics quality and FPS
  8. Clear startup options

The configuration of the PC I am using is as follows:

1. OS: Windows 11
  2. RAM: 32GB
  3. GPU: RTX 4090
  4. CPU: Intel Core-i9 13900k
  5. SSD: ITB (M.2)

The timing at which I have confirmed that the game crashes is as follows:

1. When loading a map
  2. When looking down from a dropship
  3. When descending using Valkyrie’s ult or escape tower
  4. When combat begins
  5. When Bangalore’s smoke is rendered

The map and game mode I play also affect the likelihood of crashing.
Olympus > Kings Canyon > Broken Moon > Worlds Edge 

Battle Royale > Control > Team Deathmatch = Gun Game

From all of this, I think that the crash occurs when the amount of objects being rendered exceeds a certain threshold, but I have not been able to find a clear solution. 

Please let me know if there are any solutions.

Message 46 of 48 (398 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

First, Try an older screen or TV. This solved the problem instantly for me.

Then i looked at my new screen specs, check if it's compatible with AMD freesync or G sync, disable any type of framerate sync functions from the drivers settings. Any type of framerate sync in the game settings as well.

I had exactly the same thing and it solved my problem immediately.

Message 47 of 48 (345 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your quick reply.
I have tried your advice, for example, disable G-Sync, Nvidia Reflex, use older monitor, and so on, but It did not work for me.
Apex 3 out of 5 times crashes when it is terrible so I can no longer enjoy the game.
I will stop playing APEX until this error is fixed.
I hope I can back Apex soon.

Message 48 of 48 (276 Views)