DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.

by SvenKrupp

Original Post

Re: APEX CRASH - 0X887A005_DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm getting this same issue, and it's only related to Apex as my computer has been incredibly stable for every other game. Judging from the responses here, it seems to be a 2080ti related problem. Last night I crashed 3 times over the course of 2 hours, and over the last few days, I've lost well in excess of 200RP due to crashes alone. Recently did a completely clean install of windows to attempt to fix the issue, as it's been an ongoing problem. No dice, unfortunately.

2080ti

ASRock Phantom Gaming ITX

no overclocks or undervolts.

It's so bad that at this point, I rather play the game on my 1650 max-q equipped laptop where it's at least stable.

Message 61 of 93 (3,212 Views)

★★ Apprentice

same here only with a 2070 super. This is another thing the devs won't comment on, and will do anything to blame your multiple thousand dollar gaming PC rather than fix.

Message 62 of 93 (3,153 Views)

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Image of the error attached.

My setup is beefy enough, 2060 RTX and 16GB ram,easily hit 60 fps in this game.

Happen frequently enough that I cannot win a single match because I'm kicked out of game by this, and so I'm done playing.

Fix your game, thanks.

Message 63 of 93 (3,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

same error to me too, 2060 RTX.

only an Nvidia card issue?

Impossible to win a single match because it will crash before.

Message 64 of 93 (3,127 Views)

★★ Novice

Guys found a solution to this problem :D

first, notice the GPU of people compaining:

GTX 1070 = 1
GTX 1080 = 1
Ti  1080 = 2
Ti  2080 = 10
RTX 2060 = 2
RTX 2070 = 3
RTX 2080 = 3

All Nvidia.

The solution is simply to revert back the drivers, do a custom installation so you can choose "clean installation" (removing the old drivers)

I've reverted to 431.60 which I think it was June this year drivers.

While previously I couldn't finish a game before crashing, now I completed 5 and no problems at all :D

All Nvidia fault.

Message 65 of 93 (3,095 Views)

Apex Crash - error 0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080 TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 11
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? nullptrerror
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? All
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Occurs in all parts of map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Happens randomly in match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? About 4-6
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 11.01.20.10.45 EST
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes with error 0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED - despite a 100% stable system.
What should be happening instead? The game should continue to run
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occurs in all gaming sessions that go on long enough, each time without warning.

Bug happens seemingly randomly with no correlation to how long I've been playing a match, which legends I'm playing, or if I've recently rebooted.

I've reinstalled Apex and this bug still occurs. This also occurs across NVIDIA driver versions.

Message 66 of 93 (2,888 Views)

★★ Guide

have you tried going into the game files and installing the DX folder again that might work i remember doing that a while ago

Message 67 of 93 (2,823 Views)

Re: Apex Crash - error 0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

★★★ Novice
@nullptrerror try installing nvidia drivers 431.68. that's what works for me on my 2080ti. nvidia and respawn need to get together and fix it. nvidia at one point last year released a driver that fixed these apex crash issues, then either respawn or nvidia broke it again with season 3 or driver released around season 3.
Message 68 of 93 (2,781 Views)

★★★ Novice
@wizll
Do you really did that ? U revert ur Nvidia driver to 431.68 ? I'm 2080ti too
Message 69 of 93 (2,735 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Sygreed yep. I recently tried 436.51 also, and that is stable as well for apex. 

A Respawn dev did finally acknowledge this issue in reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/eoosbr/grand_soiree_event_patch_notes_jan_14_2020/fee2... that they are working with nvidia on the problem.

Message 70 of 93 (2,724 Views)