Re: Bug/Glitch with R8.

by Kazegrafz

Original Post

Bug/Glitch with R8.

★★★★★ Newbie

Had a fully setup R8 with the modified parts that the game allowed for me to add previous to unlocking any wide body kits for the car. Said widebodies got unlocked and I went for a touch up and a different look in the car and it crashed my game and when I loaded back in my R8 was completely reset off all upgrades and cosmetics, including air suspension and all vanity items. Now I’ve tried at least five times to put my car back together the way it was and not only are my parts tab completely glitched but my handling setup screen and ride stance screen are nonexistent. Please help. When I try to click on any of the parts that have the tires thumbnails it crashes my game to so I’m stuck unable to bring my R8 back to its former glory. 

Message 1 of 12 (339 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @NebulaFz, It's possible the save become corrupt from the crash. Which platform are you on?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 12 (284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium, I have similar problem with @NebulaFz, but mine is on a different car, which is the prize Land Rover Defender LC from week 1 of the qualifier. Everything performance related is lost, and when I tried to redo it visually, it works, but the stance menu is lost(the default prize LC Land Rover Defender was slammed so it should be able to be configured). The entire chassis and drivetrain section is bugged as per my pic, and everytime I select the bugged option, my game crashed. I am currently trying to reinstall the game. I play on PC with EA App. 

Message 3 of 12 (273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

The image you provided is an exact replica of what my parts screen looks like. All thumbnails have a tire on them and if you select any of them to attempt to upgrade it crashes my game, although I play on Xbox series X and my issue is with the brand new R8. In honestly considering just selling the vehicle and starting the whole upgrade/cosmetic all over. It’s a lose/lose for me because you don’t even get half of the money spent on upgrades and cosmetics but oh well. 

Message 4 of 12 (261 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Corrupt with such a specific issue? It’s only that vehicle and that specific problem. I play on Xbox series x. 

Message 5 of 12 (258 Views)

★★ Novice

@NebulaFz yeah it sucks, I just finished redownloading the game, I'll try it tomorrow to see if it fix this issue. It's a shame really, in your case this is a beloved car with lots of hours and love, and in my case its a hard earned prize car that I just started having fun with. Hope this can be fixed cause I was planning to tackle week 2 with this defender. Money in game is tight at this point and I don't have any budget left to build a new defender from scratch. 

Message 6 of 12 (247 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Illium , @NebulaFz , I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the problem still persists.

Message 7 of 12 (239 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m very sorry to hear that man, hope you can find a way to work around it with the budget issue. Maybe try doing some drift trials, hot laps and jumps? Those give about 250 at a time but it’s better than nothing. Same with billboards and sprays and that’s really a last resort. 

Message 8 of 12 (227 Views)

★★ Novice

@NebulaFz thanks, I finally managed to scrape enough for A+ build using my S5, now to tame my A Lotus Exige. Rydell's deliveries came out very handy for the money too. 

Message 9 of 12 (186 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @NebulaFz , @EA_Illium , 

I tried to revert that Land Rover back in body part menu and it works, however, the moment I re equip the Legendary custom body kit, it returns again and I cannot revert it as per previous method. 

Message 10 of 12 (162 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help