Re: Apex legends crashing without error

by YEAHRIGHT111

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Only just updated my drivers so I only just now encountered this error. I may end up rolling back if it proves as annoying as it seems to be. My old driver that had no issues was 18.9.2 if you want to try that. I had to use triple buffering to stop screen tearing so thought I would upgrade drivers.... I can now play with vsync off and no tearing! but...... the game just crashed.

Separate point.  This may be a coincidence with my new pc but the new driver seems to maybe work the memory controller harder. My computer is new and haven't stressed tested it but I set my Samsung bdie 3200 cl 14 using the dram calculator.  I had 12,000 legend tokens with 0 crashes or blue screens. As soon as I upgraded to 19.1.1 my game started to freeze and finally I blue-screened with a memory error. I upped my soc voltage and it seems to have at least stopped that. Probably unrelated but thought I would throw it out there. Main point is you can try 18.9.2 as I never crashed once in probably 10-15 hours of playing.

edit* ryzen 5 2600

rx480

team dark 3200 8x2gb cl14

msi b450 gaming pro carbon 

Message 1241 of 1,756 (2,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Works for me. Thanks

Message 1242 of 1,756 (2,898 Views)

★ Apprentice

so amd fx 6300 / nvidia gtx 1050 ti

---------------------------------------------

Název chybující aplikace: bad_module_info, verze: 0.0.0.0, časové razítko: 0x00000000
Název chybujícího modulu: unknown, verze: 0.0.0.0, časové razítko: 0x00000000
Kód výjimky: 0x00000000
Posun chyby: 0x0000000000000000
ID chybujícího procesu: 0x1d78
Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0x01d4cba900aea4cd
Cesta k chybující aplikaci: bad_module_info
Cesta k chybujícímu modulu: unknown
ID zprávy: b9714d15-e80e-4bc9-83b5-586d0e4e9b79
Úplný název chybujícího balíčku:
ID aplikace související s chybujícím balíčkem:

Message 1243 of 1,756 (2,612 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Assuming everyone's here because their crash shows no error message, can I make a request?

Go to your start menu in Windows, type in "reliability history", and open it.

Click on the days where Apex Legend crashed.

Do you have many instances of bad_module_info?

This is the closest I've seen to an error message for Apex Legend crashes on my computer.

My thoughts are that it'd help to ask if more people have the same.

Message 1244 of 1,756 (2,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Bad_Module_Info is a Windows Error, if I remember correctly, that can cause Apex to crash. And, if I don't remember bad, there are still no fixes if you have that.

I do have crashes with no message and no Bad_Module_Info. Still unable to fix them.

Message 1245 of 1,756 (2,216 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just checking any solution desperately reading comments. None of this work.

Maybe I tried 20-30 different way solution I guess Respawn don't know what this behind this.

Message 1246 of 1,756 (2,084 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Haven’t tried reverting my drivers yet but just realized windows also updated itself a few times just the other day. This may be a problem with the latest windows update. I always forget about them because they just Automatically update and I choose update shutdown at the end of the day. Anyone with crashes try rolling windows back?

my previous comment on memory might have to do with windows and not the Radeon driver version. Sucks windows decided to update around the same time I updated my driver.

Message 1247 of 1,756 (2,023 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I will now share with you the only way I stopped these crashes (I tried everything in the troubleshooting and them some, with no luck). I had to change my graphics card, flat out. I'm hoping this info will be helpful because this crashing is crazy. Please forward this info to the Respawn team.

System info,

Windows 10 home premium (Various builds attempted, no change. Current working build 17763.316)

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6gb/s ATX with latest bios revision

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K LGA 1155 (stock settings and overclocked had no effect)

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4x4gb) 240 pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800)

HDD/SSD: Tested various HDD's and SSD with no change, western digital blue 7200 rpm 1tb HDD and 250 GB SSD all crashed until the GPU change.

OFFENDING GPU THAT CAUSED CRASHES: Gigabyte AORUS rx 580 8gb (Tested all drivers from december to current 19.2.2) (Tested stock settings, overclocked, removed afterburner etc. No effect

GPU THAT IS NOW WORKING CRASH FREE: EVGA GTX 960 with driver package 417.35 at stock settings without precision software.

That's it. No more crashes AT ALL (I mean this, not just the placebos people are claiming worked and not returning to edit their posts when it inevitably crashed again, because IT DID crash again) since removing the rx 580 and installing the gtx 960. That card, coupled with my exact setup caused the notorious CTD without error constantly with no pattern whatsoever.

I tried every troubleshooting technique imaginable, in every way and during every moon phase etc. Nothing worked until I changed this hardware combination.

I have attached my dxdiags from the crashing system hardware combination (rx580) and the working system hardware combination (gtx 960)

Please get this to the team because people can't just grab another GPU like I did. This is a great game with an ugly problem plaguing it. 

Message 1248 of 1,756 (892 Views)

★★ Novice
yup i have a ton.
Message 1249 of 1,756 (1,783 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

still crashing for me

Message 1250 of 1,756 (1,806 Views)