AMD Phenom Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

by MMaRsu

Original Post

Re: AMD Phenom Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a AMD Athlon X4 860K. According to people in this thread SSE 4.1 is the issue with the phenom processors but my CPU supports this and I am still experiencing crashing. But I could play 10 games in a row and be fine but then the next 10 I crash. It seems crashing happens right after character selection, during countdown to drop, while dropping, and if a teammate tries to respawn me at a beacon. 

Edit: The crashes are always straight to desktop. No loading or error message. The game just closes out completely.

Message 931 of 2,623 (1,468 Views)

★★ Novice

True true here. Also think it's pretty idiotic to bar this subset of gamers when the fix is as easy as a couple day's work and wages to just remove the bit that checks for 4.1. Why fix other titles but not this one? Money isn't an issue, it's EA. They should think about the future losses they'll take from this, not just from Phenom users, but from people who see the lack of any sort of compassion or just 'sure we'll fix it, why the hell not'. Let Respawn fix it, their team cares, EA doesn't.

Message 932 of 2,623 (1,980 Views)

CPUs that don't have SSE 4.2 still can't start the game. FIX THIS!

★★★ Novice

Come on guys, this isn't something groundbreaking. Every single game out there that shipped with this problem fixed it quickly, don't ruin the great launch with this single issue that is a quick fix as seen with other games. 

And no, if your game starts, you don't have this issue. The game DOES NOT START AT ALL, if you have a Core 2 Quad, Xeon, or Phenom CPUs. If your game starts and then crashes, then it's a completely different issue. 

Can we at least get any sort of response from the devs, not forum moderators, on whether they plan on fixing this issue at all or not?

Message 933 of 2,623 (987 Views)

Re: CPUs that don't have SSE 4.2 still can't start the game. FIX THIS!

★★ Guide
Same problem phenom x6 1055t.
Bf5 works fine, RE2 works fine .... only this game and anthem kills me.
Plz EA/Respawn/Bioware fix this.
Message 934 of 2,623 (982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

They ignore all of this as well so far. Xbox coin system was fixed in a day, so they can if they want to. Zapella is like Todd Howard, pretend to be nice and everything but he ignore controversial problems.

Message 935 of 2,623 (1,819 Views)

★★ Guide

Fix it! Plz!

Message 936 of 2,623 (1,840 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is the first EA title I decided to play in AGES after all the bad press they got with Star Wars. All this does is ensure I won't be buying their next AAA title either. 

Message 937 of 2,623 (1,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Spent a couple hours yesterday Fixing an install issue with VC++

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Download-stuck-at-38-Error-1612/m-p/7441325/hi...

Then to find out it STILL won't work!

Phenom IIx4 965BE OC'd to 3.9 Ghz

1050ti

8gb ram

I can play Destiny 2, Witcher 3, Doom etc near or at 60fps and this game won't work.

Ridiculous. Was really looking forward to playing this.

Message 938 of 2,623 (1,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@frederthanuIt's true man. Quite recent games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, a technical showpiece, ran no problem on high end Phenoms and Core 2/Xeon Quads on release day.

They run every major Battle Royale game out there right now, except Apex. 

In recent times, this issue also cropped up in major titles including Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Doom, Dishonored 2, PUBG, Final Fantasy 15, Destiny 2, Metal Gear Solid 5, Monster Hunter World, No Man's Sky, Quantum Break, NBA2K, Resident Evil 7, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and The Crew.

All of these titles were patched up in days or weeks. The game stayed the same; it merely opened the doors to Phenom and C2Q/Xeon users.

Respawn can add this CPU retrocompatibility to the Apex game client and the DRM/EAC wrapper, and we'll be golden.

How the game runs for you after that - well, entirely depends how your PC does in games of a similar tech level.

But at least your PC will load you into Apex gameplay after the fix.

Message 939 of 2,623 (1,742 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same exact model processor here. Not planning on upgrading when it runs everything else I play fine.

Message 940 of 2,623 (1,547 Views)