AMD Phenom Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

by MMaRsu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

AMD Phenom Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hello dear Apex Legends developers!!

After watching the stream, and playing horrible Battle Royale games I was really looking forward to play this game! In fact I was super hyped!!

I downloaded the game right away after the announcement, trying to stream the game, but sadly after booting up the game and trying the training I get a crash to desktop every time!! 

Titanfall 2 runs like a dream on my pc, above 60fps easy so I hoped that this would run similar with a adapted Source/Titanfall engine. 

Please fix this crash to desktop!! I would LOVE to show my support but the game just wont run on my computer!?

My system specifications ( slightly older but runs new games like Resident Evil 2 at 60fps as well high settings 1080p ): 

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6GHZ

Geforce 1060GTX 3GB

8GB Ram

Is this an SSE 4.1 issue? Sometimes a line of code is used that this CPU doesn't know how to interpret. I had a similar issue with Claybook on Steam.

Is there a crash file I could add to help? 

Message 1 of 2,623 (121,278 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: AMD Phenom Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

Community Manager

We appreciate your patience while this was brought to EA and Respawn's attention.

Apex Legends cannot run on PCs using an AMD Phenom (or older) processor. We’re sorry if this means you can’t play with your current PC (trust us, we want you to play the game as much as you do). For information about the minimum and recommended PC requirements, please check out our article here (https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/about/pc-system-requirements).

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 378 of 2,623 (138,211 Views)

All Replies

Re: Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

★ Guide

Perhaps because it's not fully live yet the backend resources aren't all connected...? Try again after the full/final announce @ 12pm PT

Message 2 of 2,623 (121,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same, it must be the cpu missing SSE instructions.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 (same as you, missing the same instructions)

AMD HD 7870 

8 GB

Windows 7 64 bit

Since this was Source you wouldn't expect this problem to arise, a lot of old machines that are capable to run this game will be missing out and they are a hefty.

~~back to fortnite~~

Titanfall 2 ran great by the way, 60 fps at 1080!

Message 3 of 2,623 (121,071 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same, I have Phenom x6 1055t

Message 4 of 2,623 (121,004 Views)

Phenom bug?

★★★ Newbie

After loading game crashes to desktop. It seems like old "phenom bug". Does this game run SSE 4.1?

Message 5 of 2,623 (120,961 Views)

★ Guide

same phenom x4 955

Message 6 of 2,623 (120,978 Views)

Phenom problem

★ Guide

Game crashes in loading screen

Message 7 of 2,623 (120,915 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
yeah mine just goes to desktop after finds a match then shows the map its loading then crashes to desktop. sucks to suck i guess
Message 8 of 2,623 (120,962 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well EA has been good to us Phenom users in the past. I believe they fixed Mass Effect Andromeda which had the same issue I believe.

I really REALLY hope that they will fix this! PLEASE EA IM SO EXCITE TO PLAY THIS!

Message 9 of 2,623 (120,955 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here.

Phenom X6 1100T

Please fix this.

Message 10 of 2,623 (120,932 Views)