Re: sims 3 won't install from origin on macbook

by DrFriendGood

Original Post

sims 3 won't install from origin on macbook

★★★ Newbie

hello, 

ive been trying to install the sims 3 on my macbook air for 5 days and nothing!

as soon as it gets to file 841 out of 889 it completly freezes, i cant close down origin or the installer and  to be able to use my mac again i have to reset it.

ive tried the obvious removing origin and re downloading but nothing works. 

thanks for the help in advance! 

Message 1 of 3 (2,497 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Harris_La wrote:

hello, 

ive been trying to install the sims 3 on my macbook air for 5 days and nothing!

as soon as it gets to file 841 out of 889 it completly freezes, i cant close down origin or the installer and  to be able to use my mac again i have to reset it.

ive tried the obvious removing origin and re downloading but nothing works. 

thanks for the help in advance! 

Hi

Is this the first time you have installed The Sims 3 onto this particular Macbook, or did you have it installed previously and then uninstall it? Either way, I recommend that you do a through search of your computer and get rid of any The Sims 3 or Origin files. This website will help you find any hidden files that may be there from the attempted installation.

http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

After that, start again by redownloading Origin and then redownloading the game. Some extra tips are below. 

Good luck!

Caspin

To download and install games through Origin

Download and install the Origin client for Mac and make sure it is up-to-date. If you already have Origin on your Mac but are having problems with downloading or installing games, delete the client and download a new copy (this sometimes fixes issues with downloading). The latest version can be downloaded from here: http://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

Additional advice on how to download games (thank you Tremayne for this tip):
When downloading from Origin, do NOT use the first install icon. Move your cursor over the game cover and click on the information (letter i) and then click on the install button from there. For some reason, downloads from Origin frequently become corrupted. Using the i reduces the chance of your download being corrupted. If you have already been unfortunate and have a corrupted download, then it is important to remove all traces of this before trying again, by doing a thorough, clean uninstallation first.

Are you running anti-virus software or any clean-up applications? If so, disable these, as they might be deleting files that Origin needs. A fast, stable internet connection will also help you.

Message 2 of 3 (2,481 Views)

★ Novice

This doesn't work.  I've tried following all of the steps and none of the files listed in the guide are even loaded on my computer.

Message 3 of 3 (2,330 Views)