cc is not showing up in sims 4 on pc what do i do?

by IsaR2001

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cc is not showing up in sims 4 on pc what do i do?

★★ Novice

Hello, I just got a new gaming laptop, which is a good step up from my last laptop, and I set up sims 4 and did everything you need to do to be able to download cc. Unfortunately the cc is not showing up and I pressed the enable cc box in sims and restarted my pc a good amount of times. I don't know what else I should do. I've been researching and looking up what to do but so far I found nothing. Can someone please help! I would really appreciate it! 

Message 1 of 11 (3,925 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cc is not showing up in sims 4 on pc what do i do?

@IsaR2001  The custom content is now in the correct Sims 4 folder, but it needs to go into the Mods folder inside that folder.  If you don't have a Mods folder, open the game, enable mods and cc, quit, and one should appear.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (3,839 Views)

All Replies

@IsaR2001  Is the box to enable custom content not staying checked?  That's usually caused by an antivirus blocking access to Documents; you can try the steps listed here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Virus-Programs-blocking-User-Folder/td-p...

If the box is checked but your custom content isn't appearing, please post the full file path to the cc that isn't working.  If you open the folder it's in, you'll see the file path listed in the address bar, above the list of files and folders.

Message 2 of 11 (3,901 Views)

★★ Novice

It's staying checked. I've double checked it multiple times to see but it stayed checked. Also thank you for the quick response i appreciate it

Message 3 of 11 (3,893 Views)

@IsaR2001  Please post the full file path to the cc that isn't working, as described.

Message 4 of 11 (3,888 Views)

★★ Novice

sorry if this isn't what you needed but here ya go! let me know if i need to send more

Message 5 of 11 (3,865 Views)

@IsaR2001  That's exactly what I wanted to see, thanks.  And in your second screenshot, you can see the issue: your mods are all in a folder in Downloads.  They need to be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods, or the game won't read them.

Message 6 of 11 (3,860 Views)

★★ Novice

So I did what you said and it still didn't show up on the game, here are the screenshots i took,

Message 7 of 11 (3,848 Views)

@IsaR2001  The custom content is now in the correct Sims 4 folder, but it needs to go into the Mods folder inside that folder.  If you don't have a Mods folder, open the game, enable mods and cc, quit, and one should appear.

Message 8 of 11 (3,840 Views)

★★ Novice

Awesome thank you so much that helped me a lot! I'm not good with computer stuff and I had a friend do it for me on my computer before so thank you so much for the help! 

Message 9 of 11 (3,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so I know that I'm about two years late with this question. but I played the sims 4 with CCs and Mods all the time two years ago and I had no problem downloading them correctly and putting them in my Mods folder. I know how to download it and all.... but the CCs are still not showing up in my game. What do I do? The only thing that is showing up in my game is my Mods but no ccs for the Sims. I'm confused here and I need help. And yes this is a new laptop Windows 11, and before you ask yes I repaired the game and all but it's still not working.

Message 10 of 11 (2,123 Views)