Will lenovo ideapad 1 run the sims 4

by Graceeefrog

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will lenovo ideapad 1 run the sims 4

★★ Novice

Hey, does anyone know if Lenovo ideapad 1 will be able to run the sims 4, the current laptop I have has the same processer as it and runs the sims 4 fine most of the time, but it just doesn’t have enough storage, I’d like to be able to run all my packs on it and I’m not sure If this laptop can run it but it’s the only one in my price range 

https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/laptops/ideapad/100-series-/IdeaPad-1i-14IGL-5/p/81VU003UUK
that is the link to the laptop

the current packs I have are 

seasons, Island living, cottage living, city living, high school years, get to work, get together, eco lifestyle, discover university, get famous, cats and dogs, dream home decorator, parenthood, laundry day and tiny living

Message 1 of 6 (5,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will lenovo ideapad 1 run the sims 4

@Graceeefrog  This laptop will probably run Sims 4, but not very well.  Aside from the slow processor and graphics chip, the 4 GB RAM could be a significan issue.  If you install all your owned expansions, the game might run so slowly that it's effectively unplayable.  Some people do manage to play on this kind of hardware, but I would never recommend this kind of system to someone shopping for a computer for Sims 4.

Given that your current laptop is low on storage, the more economical approach would be to buy an external drive and install the game on that.  You'd save money in the short term and could put the difference towards a more powerful laptop should you want one in the future.  I could check prices in Ireland if you want, but in the U.S. at least, external solid state drives (SSDs) start at $35 for 128 GB, which is more than enough to hold Sims 4; $45 can get you a 256 GB model.  External mechanical drives (HDDs) might be slightly cheaper but are also significantly slower, so unless you need a lot more storage, I'd spend the little extra to get an SSD.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (5,444 Views)

All Replies

@Graceeefrog  This laptop will probably run Sims 4, but not very well.  Aside from the slow processor and graphics chip, the 4 GB RAM could be a significan issue.  If you install all your owned expansions, the game might run so slowly that it's effectively unplayable.  Some people do manage to play on this kind of hardware, but I would never recommend this kind of system to someone shopping for a computer for Sims 4.

Given that your current laptop is low on storage, the more economical approach would be to buy an external drive and install the game on that.  You'd save money in the short term and could put the difference towards a more powerful laptop should you want one in the future.  I could check prices in Ireland if you want, but in the U.S. at least, external solid state drives (SSDs) start at $35 for 128 GB, which is more than enough to hold Sims 4; $45 can get you a 256 GB model.  External mechanical drives (HDDs) might be slightly cheaper but are also significantly slower, so unless you need a lot more storage, I'd spend the little extra to get an SSD.

Message 2 of 6 (5,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, were you able to run sims 4 on this laptop? I currently have the same one and are thinking of downloading it as prefer laptop over xbox for sims. thanks in advance! 

Message 3 of 6 (4,012 Views)

@keavz123  In case the original poster doesn't reply, there's no harm in downloading the base game and testing it out, provided your laptop has enough storage to accommodate the game.  The base game alone might run okay, but I would hesitate to buy any expansions except perhaps the oldest three.  Game and stuff packs and kits add much less to overhead, and most of them should be fine.

Message 4 of 6 (4,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's not fair. What can't they make it avalible for all laptops.

Message 5 of 6 (3,416 Views)

@igmcwxzge15j  I'm not sure what you mean.  Sims 4 is "available" on any computer that runs 64-bit Windows (with one small exception) and any Mac from 2012 or newer running an operating system from 2015 or newer.  Computers that don't meet these very low standards are mostly not powerful enough to run the game at all.  Trying to make the game work on these would mean removing features that players very much want—these features take resources to run, and not every system is up to the task.

If you have a specific problem you'd like help with, please let us know.

Message 6 of 6 (3,403 Views)