The game launches but won't stay open

by RinJoyce

Original Post

The game launches but won't stay open

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I can't open the game to see
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, pets, seasons, city living, dine out, laundry day, discover university, vampires, parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Game won't open at all
What do you expect to see? Nothing, that's the issue
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated my game and then Downloaded Cottage living

I updated my game, then bought and downloaded Cottage Living, but when I go to open my game, it opened to the white screen, and immediately goes back to my desktop. The game remains open, but anytime I click the opened icon, it just goes right back to my desktop again. I tried removing my mods, and repairing my game, but it didn't work

Message 1 of 6 (823 Views)

Re: The game launches but won't stay open

@RinJoyce  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (792 Views)

★★ Novice

Are you getting any pop-ups after the game closes out explaining the error? Do you have an older computer?

Also if you go to the Sims 4 folder (Documents > EA > Sims 4) there should be a document with the version displayed. I think. 

Message 3 of 6 (752 Views)

★★ Novice
@RinJoyce I'm having the same issue. I only have Base game and cottage living. I have Disabled Orgin in game as well.
Message 4 of 6 (736 Views)

@freecake4life  If you're running Discord, please close it before you try to play.  Check the Task Manager's background processes list as well, and if you see anything belonging to Discord, shut it down.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've gotten my game to work.

What I did was uninstall the sims 4, and then reinstalled. It deleted all my game progress, but it works fine now

Message 6 of 6 (712 Views)