Sims 4 - screen flicker/jumping, pc doesnt lock

by Tikaania

Original Post

Sims 4 - screen flicker/jumping, pc doesnt lock

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, sorry to bother you.  I am not sure if I already posted this?  After the latest update my screen is flickering/jumping sometimes.

When I lock my study door at my sim house and when I lock my computer other sim visitors still go in the study room and use my computer - this is very irritating.  I have to delete the study door when there are visitors.

Sim visitors don't use the front door, they use the side door even though I have chosen the front door as my front door.

I want to know if I use cheats a lot does this cause problems in game?  If I delete sims and make my own will this also cause game problems?

I have a new gaming computer with 16gb ram so should not have any problems. I play the latest steam games on my pc.

thank you.

kind regards

Message 2 of 4 (940 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Screen Flickering

★★★ Apprentice

Hi I have a gaming pc. Noproblems with other games, but sims 4 shaking flickering screen. What should I do?

Message 1 of 4 (930 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - screen flicker/jumping, pc doesnt lock

@Tikaania  For the flickering, try enabling vertical sync, either in-game or through the control software that comes with your graphics driver.  The in-game option is with the other graphics settings.  You need to be in fullscreen mode for v-sync to work.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

For the other issues, did you try replacing the study door, or turning it to face the other direction?  Which way is the front door facing, and will visiting sims use it if you temporarily remove the side door?

Cheats can cause problems, especially the MoveObjects cheat, but you should be able to fix that at least by disabling the cheat and then moving or replacing all affected items.  It might take some time and effort though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (910 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Screen Flickering

Moved out of the Mac forum and into the PC forum.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (905 Views)