Sims 3 activityTableblocksplaceholder

by Callmemckailya

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 activityTableblocksplaceholder

★★★★ Novice

I think I might know what this means but I need someone to confirm. So I am just playing now  and there is a Sandcastle on the edge of my lot saying *****activityTableblocksplaceholder and I was wondering if that meant I don’t have something that the person did when they made this lot. I downloaded on the sims 3 page online. If I could get feedback that would be awesome! Thank you. I am going to get rid of it because it’s kind of a use. Anyways thank you! Happy simming!

Message 1 of 8 (434 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 activityTableblocksplaceholder

@Callmemckailya  Don't worry about where you originally posted; it happens all the time.  That's why some of us can move posts.  My comment was actually for the hero that moved this thread to TS3—she messaged me to say that she'd done so, and I was joking around with her a bit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (378 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Callmemckailya Your thread was moved to the dedicated Sims 3 section because someone else didn't want to deal with it it originally landed in TS4 game info.

I think you're probably right about the missing content, although it would be difficult to confirm.  But if you want to keep the lot, you could delete the sandcastle and anything around it, then save the lot to the bin again.  When you place the new version, the issue should be gone.

Message 2 of 8 (409 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I ended up deleting the sandcastle and it made it so every time I try and get mail it teleports me next to my mail box. I ended up deleting my mail box and putting a new one down but I don’t know if it will work or not because I haven’t gotten mail. What should I do?

Message 3 of 8 (400 Views)

@Callmemckailya  There are a a couple of possibilities, namely a routing issue and a leftover action jig.  I still think you should place the original somewhere in the world, delete the sand castle and anything around it, save the modified version to the bin, place it somewhere else, and move in a couple of sims to test it out.  You can move the mailbox or replace it too, if you want.  It might also help to quit after you've saved the new copy to the bin and delete the five cache files in your game folder in Documents before testing.  For reference, those files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Routing issues can be obvious, but sometimes a problem caused by something subtle (like misuse of the constrainfloorelevation cheat) won't show up until your sims start walking around the lot.  If the new bin copy, with all the potentially problematic objects deleted, still doesn't work, then it's probably best to get rid of the house entirely.

Message 4 of 8 (389 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I’ll try it!😁

Message 5 of 8 (383 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also I’m sorry for putting it in the sims 4 section. I’m new here

Message 6 of 8 (382 Views)

@Callmemckailya  Don't worry about where you originally posted; it happens all the time.  That's why some of us can move posts.  My comment was actually for the hero that moved this thread to TS3—she messaged me to say that she'd done so, and I was joking around with her a bit.

Message 7 of 8 (379 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Awh well thanks for helping me out! If that doesn’t work I’ll come back and post but I don’t think I’ll have a problem. At least hopefully not!

Message 8 of 8 (373 Views)