Re: Sims 3 Seasons code registration not working

by Aleirbahg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Seasons code registration not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

A few years ago I bought Sims 3 and Sims 3 seasons and installed them on an old laptop. I now have a new laptop and I wanted to install them there. So I went to the sims 3 website to register and download them via origin. The base game was easy to install and worked perfectly fine. However, when I put the seasons registration code, it tells me it's invalid. Am I doing something wrong or is it a technical issue? If so, who can I contact to solve it?

Message 1 of 5 (809 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice
Turns out all I had to do was install it using the disc. Welp.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (899 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Aleirbahg  Is your computer a pc or mac? Was Seasons ever activated in Origin? Where did you buy Seasons? Is that the exact message you get when you enter the code? Do you have access to the old laptop?

Message 2 of 5 (780 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

1.My computer is a PC

2. I'm kinda confused on what you're trying to say? Are you saying if I registred it in Origin? In that case, no I haven't.

3.I bought it from a game shop.

4. 'The serial code you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid serial code and re-submit.'

5. Yes, however it's very old and it doesn't work how you'd expect to.

Message 3 of 5 (771 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Aleirbahg  Origin has been the DRM for EA games since 2012. You need to update your game for Origin. The DRM SecuROM is no longer supported by the Windows operating system. Usually an invalid code means you entered it wrong (8 for a B or a 5 for a S maybe). If you continue to have problems you will need to contact EA customer service - link - EA customer service

Message 4 of 5 (759 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Turns out all I had to do was install it using the disc. Welp.
Message 5 of 5 (900 Views)