Repair or update?

by Ninam996

Original Post

Repair or update?

★★ Novice

Does repairing the game mean that the game will also be updated? I don't want to update because I don't have enough free space, I've been playing offline for two weeks. I turned off automatic updates. Today I couldn't get into the game, I restarted my computer and after trying again, Origin starts repairing the game. It says that the repair takes about 4 hours, so i thought that maybe the update was included in that.

Message 1 of 4 (650 Views)

Re: Repair or update?

@Ninam996  I can't test with Sims 4 right now, but when you repair other Origin games, that includes updating to the current version.  So I'm pretty sure that happens for Sims 4 as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

today i tried to update my sims 4 and it said i had low disk space, after i tried everything to fix it, it still wouldn’t update so i repaired my game. the update button is no longer showing so does that mean it updated when i repaired it?

Message 3 of 4 (218 Views)

@Trinity0423  Yes, your game should be fully updated now.  If you want to double-check, find the version number in the lower-right area of the Main Menu.  A fully-updated game will show as version 1.99.305.1020 (or .1220 for Mac).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (190 Views)