Issue logging into Sims3 Launcher

by ashleysing87

Original Post

Re: Issue logging into Sims3 Launcher

★★ Novice

i have windows 11 so i only have Microsoft Edge. How would i clear the cache??

Message 21 of 30 (1,101 Views)

@kaylajeanlouise 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-and-delete-browser-history-in-microsoft-edge...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 30 (1,094 Views)

★★ Novice

i've tried that and it still doesn't work. every time i open the laucher is says that SimsLogs.bin and wl.bin have been deleted. do you possibly have any other reccomendations on what could solve the issue?

Message 23 of 30 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kaylajeanlouise  Are those files getting deleted?  Sims3Logs would be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3; wl.bin would be in ... The Sims 3 > Downloads.  Launch the game (you don't need to sign in), get far enough to load a save, then put the game in windowed mode and open the Sims 3 folder above to see whether the files are present.  Quit and look again, then restart your computer and look once again; let me know what you see at each step.

If either file disappears at any point, or if one was never there in the first place, please let me know what antivirus you use, if any, and whether you use OneDrive.

Message 24 of 30 (1,073 Views)

★★ Novice

i don’t even get far enough to start a save. every time i click the play button the launcher disappears and after like two seconds, origin opens up again. every time i start the launcher it says those files have been deleted but they’re in the correct spot and yes i do have one drive 

Message 25 of 30 (1,052 Views)

@kaylajeanlouise  Try disabling OneDrive's automatic syncing of Documents:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

If that doesn't help, it sounds like you might have an entirely different issue.  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 26 of 30 (1,044 Views)

★★ Novice

i disabled the syncing with onedrive for my electronics art folder and when i did that it deleted the folder. I re-installed my game and i atill couldn't get into it and i got a message from onedrive saying i already have a file or folder with the same name in that location already, except i dont and when I go into the Sims 3 folder, none of the other folders are in there (like downloads, screenshots,etc).

I ran DxDiag as well and it came up with no issues.

Message 27 of 30 (981 Views)

@kaylajeanlouise  Try disabling syncing of Documents entirely, and if that doesn't work, disable OneDrive temporarily.

If you have any saves or other Sims 3 user data you want to keep, you should be able to download the folder from OneDrive (before you disable it).  Place it on the desktop or somewhere else that doesn't get synced so you don't need to worry about it disappearing again.

Message 28 of 30 (977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue too but I've got a newer laptop that doesn't have IE at all, it's only got Microsoft Edge (I tried the searching through the search bar trick you'd suggested to someone else) is there any fix for this issue because it's stopping me from logging in and then downloading some new content I've just bought on the online store.

Message 29 of 30 (768 Views)

@ElsaAzrael  First of all, you shouldn't need to sign into the launcher in order to download content.  When downloading from the store website, you're not supposed to need to be signed into the launcher at all.

For the issue itself, try changing your password to something that contains only letters and/or numbers, no special characters.  Then clear the IE-mode browser data within Edge, as described at the bottom of this page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-and-delete-browser-history-in-microsoft-edge...

If you're still asked to sign in though, please try a new admin Windows account, just as an experiment.  I don't know whether it would make a difference, but you're one of a few players who's reported this issue, so I'd like to find out.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  The username should contain only letters and numbers, no special characters or accents.

If you can in fact download your store content, go ahead and download everything you want.  Then go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads and move all the .Sims3Pack files inside to This PC > Users > Shared.  You'll be able to access this Shared folder from your original account, so you can grab the store stuff and transfer it to ...The Sims 3 > Downloads in that account, then install it through the launcher.

Message 30 of 30 (754 Views)