Game & Saved Files Mysteriously Vanish

by purplesimmer54

Original Post

Game & Saved Files Mysteriously Vanish

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been playing with a sim for the past week and had built up his skills, career level, traits and reputation.  He was enrolled at college, had a lot of friends, great grades, and an awesome dorm room, when he decided to go travel to visit a friend so he could use their kitchen for his job requirements. He was hanging out in travel mode while I modified his friends kitchen a bit, and then I got called away from my game.  I did a save game but when I came back an hour later the game and all the saved games were gone. Vanished. Nothing in the trash can either.  Arrghhh!!!!! (Much yelling and screaming!)  So where did my game and all the save files go?  Could I retrieve them somehow that was beyond my mediocre knowledge of computers? Did the fact the the sim was in travel mode doom him to sudden death and deletion???

Message 1 of 3 (341 Views)

Re: Game & Saved Files Mysteriously Vanish

@purplesimmer54  Traveling your sims, or really anything you do while you're actually playing, won't delete your saves.  It's more likely that the save file was moved or deleted by something else on your computer.  First, check OneDrive, if it's running at all: your Sims 4 data could have been moved to OneDrive's Documents folder.  If that's the case, find the save and drag it back to the local version of Documents, and the game should read it again.  Saves go in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves.

If that doesn't help, try searching your computer for any stray saves.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter Slot_ in th search field in the upper-right corner.  If you find any saves, click on one and click "Open file location" in the menu, and you'll land wherever your saves are.  Here again, just move the save or saves to the relevant folder.

If neither of these helps, please create a new save (no need to spend much time on it, this is just for testing), save your progress, quit, and restart your computer.  Then load the game and let me know whether the save is still present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

Re: Game & Saved Files Mysteriously Vanish

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[CM Edit - English on the English boards please] 

Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)