EA App: Sims 3 Create a World Edit in-game doesn't work

by Matthew22254563

Original Post

Re: Issues with Sims 3 Create a World and EA App / Can't clear EA App pop-up Ori

★★ Novice
@punkerlishus hey im having the same issue, except i cant even launch sims 3 at all anymore!! tried everything, the game was fine until i was forced to install the ea game app and delete origin.
Message 21 of 89 (2,555 Views)

Re: Issues with Sims 3 Create a World and EA App / Can't clear EA App pop-up Ori

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict hey i just tried this and unfortunately Ea still wont allow us to use origin.
Message 22 of 89 (2,552 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 CAW EIG only opens launcher

★★ Novice

Do you have any tips for how to make Origin run again when it's been reinstalled?  I made the mistake of downloading the EA app this week and realized I could no longer access EIG.  I re-installed Origin and just get the prompt to switch to the app.  I have also tried uninstalling the app.  How are users able to access or force the re-use of Origin? 

Message 23 of 89 (2,532 Views)

@bexxi028  As it turns out, many players can't go back to Origin anymore.  This is a new development as of a couple days ago.

What happens when you try to play through the EA App?  Please describe what you see, including any error message.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 89 (2,521 Views)

@ldkg  Some users are being forced to switch to the EA App and can't run Origin at all.  (This is new as of a couple days ago.)  If that's the case for you, I'm not sure there's any workaround.  But what you can try is launching Origin while your computer is offline.  I don't know if you'll still see the prompt to switch to the EA App when offline.  If not, then that's a workaround: you can manually launch Sims 3 or CAW with Origin already open.

You can also try launching CAW while your computer is offline and Origin is NOT open.  It's possible CAW will still call the EA App rather than Origin, but it's an easy test.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything else to offer.

Message 25 of 89 (2,513 Views)

★★ Novice
@LemonTheJuice unfortunately there is no fix for this yet. i am desperately trying to find a solution for this issue too...
Message 26 of 89 (2,469 Views)

Betreff: EA App: Sims 3 Create a World Edit in-game doesn't work

★★★ Newbie

Hello, Sorry for bad english,

I had the same problem like you guys. EA APP really messed up Create a World tool. I downloaded Origin from puzzlezaddicts Link and there was a Connection Error when I tried to lock me in.

The next day after I restardet my PC, I downloaded CC that opens the Sims Launcher, then I got a Lock in Pop up from Origin. I locket in and it worked. I immediately startet CAW and the Edit in Game option now works like intendet.  Now I can switch between EA App and Origin. But I can only run one Program in the time and I need to close the Program in Task manager. Origin says theres a importent Update but I just ignore it. 

This isn't garanteed that it works for you guys as well. But I hope i can help. Heart

Message 27 of 89 (2,261 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey puzzlezaddict, long time no chat! Thank you for all your help in this discussion already. I've also had this problem last month when I booted up my computer to a notification that the EA app was the new system... I hadn't uninstalled Origin, it was just the EA app when my computer warmed up. I tried to re-install origin but it said "Origin installation requires and interent connection, but we were unable to connect to the internet" despite me being connected to the internet.

When I first saw this I called EA and they said they had received multiple notifications about this and to keep an eye out on their social media, but I haven't been really watching, I assume someone here would notice if they had solved anything though. 

So after it shifted to the EA app I can get into the regular create a world tool but when you try to use "Edit In World" it doesn't launch the game. Normally it would just start the game up immediately but now it pops up the ea app and the sims 3 launcher. I've tried opening the game through the launcher but it just starts up the standard game. 

Message 28 of 89 (2,193 Views)

@toxicClowder  I read today that someone else got around the message about Origin needing an internet connection by simly restarting their computer, so it's worth trying again.

As for the Edit in-game issue, I reported it (again) a couple weeks ago, but I have no idea whether it'll ever get fixed.  If I do hear anything, I'll post back in this thread.

Message 29 of 89 (2,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found a way to make it work. I got that internet message after redownloading Origin. What I did was clicked exit on the EA app that was down in my tray. So you have to Exit EA. Once I did that I clicked on Origin again and it made me log in. I went to CAW and opened a world, clicked Edit In game, and it opened. 

Message 30 of 89 (2,019 Views)