Re: Crash after selecting "Play" button

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Crash after selecting "Play" button

★ Novice

Hello,

I'm playing Sims 4 since 2-3 weeks.The last time I played. was 1 week ago and today I wanted to play again. So I started the game and wanted to play my household, but sadly every time when I want to load that household my game crashes. It loads for like 6 seconds and then it crashes. Sadly I dont know why. 
I have all addons (except Uni Life and tinny living)

I also know that my PC isn't the best, but still. 

Intel HD Graphics 620, Intel Core i3-7020U CPU 2,30Ghz with 4gb of RAM

Ah and dxdiag (I don't know what even that is but I managed to make one;

Message 1 of 5 (614 Views)

@Sybeiria  It may not be related to the Sims 4 crashes, but your dxdiag lists a number of errors with a basic Windows process.  So it's a good idea to run a couple of checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

By the way, your Windows build is close to two years old and will no longer be supported in a couple of months.  Is there a reason you haven't wanted to update?  I'm not suggesting you update right now, and certainly not without backing up your data (always best when installing a feature update), I'm just wondering if this is deliberate or not.

For Sims 4 itself, please try loading a new save, just as a test.  If it works, play for a bit, save, quit, restart your computer, and see whether that new save loads again.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (547 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  Sorry for taking so long,

I did the "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and it was successfully., the second one "sfc /scannow"  came with this message: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

A reason? Well I'm stupid and I don't know how to do it, but even when I did it once my PC was "worse" than it was before I don't know how to make a backup and the Laptop is 1 year old. Even with graphic drivers update i'm kinda rusty. I wanted to watch a YT video but almost everyone is different.

And with the sims. When I start a "new" game it works. I can play for some hours but the next day when I wanna load a save file the game just crashes. Its not the first time. I had it before but then I started a new game, played a bit for a day and then crash again. 

Maybe my PC is bad? Like the system req. Because my game works with normal FPS but when I want to do some action with the sim it takes like 1,5 second to open the taks circle. And sometimes my Sims just stands there for like a ingame hour. (Kinda fixed that, when I press pause for 2 sec) its really hard to control them if they do something and I cant "X" it. Or they need like 30 to 1h ingame time to move when I give them a task.

Message 3 of 5 (507 Views)

★ Novice

So I reinstalled windows and updated everything, because my Laptop was kinda messy. now I'm gonna try install Sims 4 again without some addons

I add my new dxdiag @puzzlezaddict 

Message 4 of 5 (475 Views)

@Sybeiria  Don't worry about the delay, especially after only a couple of days.  How did you go about reinstalling Windows?  There are a few different approaches, all of which should work fine under ideal conditions, but sometimes there are a few bumps along the way.  A clean install of Windows 10 should be completely fine, yet your new dxdiag lists a few new Windows errors.  So even though it shouldn't be necessary, please run DISM and sfc again, just to be thorough.

When you're done, restart and check for updates, although again, it shouldn't be necessary.  Hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.

Your laptop is definitely weak for Sims 4, but you should be able to play.  And going back to a day-old save shouldn't be an issue either.  One common problem though is having OneDrive enabled and set to sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage.  If OneDrive tries to sync in either direction while the save is loading, it can cause a crash.  You can disable OneDrive entirely, or just prevent it from syncing Documents:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

If you want to try running Sims 4 without all the packs, you can always disable the ones you don't want to load in a given play session:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (452 Views)