Re: Code has already been used

by Andromache2013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Code has already been used

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i have just bought the sims 3 from ebay for £20 but when i put in the code it says it is this has already been used can you help please

best regards

Vicki

Message 1 of 5 (333 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi 

If you bought an already used and registered copy of the Sims 3 (it's a second-hand copy and the previous owner registered it), you won't be able to register it again. On the other hand, if it is completely brand new, you need to contact EA. They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

What exactly do you mean by you have to play Sims with the code, are you attempting to play it off Origin? As far as I'm aware if you have a disc, there's no reason to have to play via Origin. If you could just clarify that?

If you can edit your post, please change the post's subject. It's currently an email address and for obvious reasons, it'd be better to remove it.

Welcome to the Answer HQ!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (315 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
Message 2 of 5 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Was the disc used or new? Once a code is used it can not be reused by someone else. You can install and run the disc version but you can not register it. That code is permanently assigned to the first person who uses it and can not be transfered.

Message 3 of 5 (320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi

Thanks for replying

but how can i play the sims 3 without going on line it is a used one and says the code has been used but i cant play it without putting the code in can i play it without going on line thanks 

Message 4 of 5 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi 

If you bought an already used and registered copy of the Sims 3 (it's a second-hand copy and the previous owner registered it), you won't be able to register it again. On the other hand, if it is completely brand new, you need to contact EA. They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

What exactly do you mean by you have to play Sims with the code, are you attempting to play it off Origin? As far as I'm aware if you have a disc, there's no reason to have to play via Origin. If you could just clarify that?

If you can edit your post, please change the post's subject. It's currently an email address and for obvious reasons, it'd be better to remove it.

Welcome to the Answer HQ!

Message 5 of 5 (316 Views)