Sims 3 game won't launch!

by 3musketeers97

Original Post

Sims 3 game won't launch!

★★ Novice

I am having trouble launching my sims 3 and I am wondering if anyone can help in anyway!

I have a mac desktop and I have installed cc. But it will only let me install a certain amount. I don't know why this is happening.

Also, I cant even play the game because the program won't launch. It lets me go to the menu before you actually launch the game but then goes to a black screen and it just freezes.

Any idea to help?

Message 1 of 2 (385 Views)

Re: Sims 3 game won't launch!

@3musketeers97  It's possible you have bad custom content, or one of the files into which the cc is installed is corrupt.  The fastest way to find out is to move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then let the game create a new folder when you open the launcher.  If you can get far enough to load a new save, the issue is something in your old Sims 3 folder, and you'll need to test to find out what.

How much custom content do you have, more or less, and did you install it through the launcher or in .package format, or both?  Would it be a burden to reinstall it?  There are different ways of cleaning up bad cc, not all of which involve reinstalling everything, but which is most convenient depends on the person and how much cc of each format is involved.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (338 Views)