Poor Graphics, No High Detail Lots on 64-Bit on M1 Chip

by errolr1

Original Post

Poor Graphics, No High Detail Lots on 64-Bit on M1 Chip

★★ Novice

I recently began playing TS3 on my Mac, and I'm having many of the common issues as well as a few uncommon ones. Primarily, I am concerned with the poor graphics/textures I'm seeing (blocky shadows, blocky lashes) and high detailed lots setting not doing anything. Thanks to a forum post, I found that changing the setting to 6 allows for 2 lots to become high detailed, but it does not display any more than that.

I'm playing on macOS Monterey (24-inch, M1, 2021) with 16 GB of memory and an Apple M1 chip.

Message 1 of 2 (535 Views)

Re: Poor Graphics, No High Detail Lots on 64-Bit on M1 Chip

@errolr1  These issues aren't limited to M1 chips.  The blocky eyelashes affects everyone:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-bulky-eyelashes-grainy-hair/m-p/...

The blocky shadows is just as significant an issue in the 32-bit version and even affects the game in Windows, although usually to a lesser extent.  I believe it's just how the game was made.

The high-detailed lots issue is annoying, but for performance reasons, it's best to leave that setting in the 2-4 range anyway.  Even though the game is 64-bit, its engine still isn't all that stable.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (527 Views)