Re: Sims 3 expansion packs won't install - "add to queue"?

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

please insert game disk

★★★ Newbie

I bought The Sims 3 a few years ago on a PC, but now i have a mac. It works just fine on my dads computer which is also a mac, but for some reason when i try to play on my Macbook air it says "No game disk found! Please insert The Sims 3 game disk before proceeding" My problem is that i never owned a game disk. i purchased the game through Origin from the start. I have heard that i simply installed the wrong update but i don't know how to uninstall the update and reinstall the correct one. If anyone can help i'd love to get some advice!

Message 201 of 248 (762 Views)

Re: please insert game disk

Hero (Retired)

@Assylu

moved to the Mac forum

@Bluebellflora   please and thank you in advance

Message 202 of 248 (752 Views)

Re: please insert game disk

@Assylu

Moved your post to this Disc Error stickied thread. You'll find the links and instructions you need in the opening post. Links to the manual patch updates are also in my signature.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 203 of 248 (740 Views)

Re: Still no luck opening without a dvd drive

@crip_tastic

Moved your post to this stickied thread on the Sims Mac forum which is specifically for dis error issues. Please read the opening post for further instructions and links on how to solve it.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 204 of 248 (562 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Disc Authorisation/No Disc Errors

★★★★★ Newbie

I´ll try this, thanks for posting! If it works, i´ll let you know!

Message 205 of 248 (716 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I try to go on The Sims 3 supernatural I have this problem when i am about to go on or create a world it pops up and says 'no game disk found! please insert the sims 3 supernatural disk before proceeding' and there is a disk! help me!

Message 206 of 248 (1,056 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @LynxTheCat6,

Please read the first post of this thread to know how to fix it: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/td-...

Message 207 of 248 (1,048 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have already tried that, and origins won't accept my product code on the store. I csn only use it to manually install the game.
Message 208 of 248 (913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you know how to solve the "no disk found. please insert ..." problem? I've downloaded all my expansion packs and stuff packs but when i try to play it, after the loading screen, it asks that. I've got the disk in the drive but it won't pick it up. this is EXTREMELY annoying so any help is appreciated. (I'm in the uk too)

Message 209 of 248 (897 Views)
Highlighted

@melimoo25

Yes, please follow the instructions in the first post of this thread I have moved your post to. You will also need to follow the instructions in the thread you originally posted in as there is an issue with downloading EPs in Origin at the moment.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 210 of 248 (882 Views)