Re: War Teams Just Staying Under Shield

by rderek68

Original Post

★ Expert

Hi Skinlab,

I really hate your club went through that this weekend...takes all the fun and air out of the game. We were extremely fortunate to battle a club that is cut from the same cloth we are and had a great contest putting up 450k points between us...I gave them appropriate props in the General Discussion section and honestly regardless of the results everyone was a winner in this type of contest. Yes, we prevailed in this case, but it was certainly in question the entire battle.

This is what the game should be, not clubs taking advantage of a glitch in the game...although it’s legal it is extremely bad for the game and must be addressed soon. Most everything you read in this forum and throughout the internet is the same and people are disgusted with it. I hope you never cross paths with a turtle team again. Good luck.

Message 11 of 69 (2,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Agree!! The dome should be removed automatically after and amount of time. Let say 5 hours. This would be a start!
Message 12 of 69 (2,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie
EA needs to set up rule.. 2-3 hour under shield it pops and lose all items on rebuild
Message 13 of 69 (2,467 Views)

★ Guide

We seem to have found a solutions that at least gives us a win against shielded teams. Would like to fight them but by coming out and hitting them as soon as possible we have broken their advantage. We have twice their points and all our players unshielded with full energy. Seems to work. Not great solution but one that works.

Message 14 of 69 (2,444 Views)

★ Expert

I think that's a solid strategy that is utilized by almost all teams...you have to, you never know. I have been a proponent of an 18 hour rule since the beginning of the war games but after carefully considering the wisdom of several outstanding players such a Rocodonovan, J6Nicel, German Mayor, Modern Thinker and many others I’ve decided maybe my well considered plan had a giant hole in it...I assumed most folks want to play and have learned that the bubble teams ust want to win, regardless what it costs them in war items and chests which I have an editorial comment concerning that I will keep to myself. After careful consideration I offer this new more complex proposal...

Day 1 - 12 hour bubble (as championed by MT) to repair your city before it is automatically repaired and no war items wii be earned.

- If you have not launched an attack your city will remain bubbled until the mayor makes repairs or until the end of war (not all club members elect to participate in the war game and the club should not be punished more than the initial attacks)

- following the 1st auto repair, the 2nd time the club is bubbled  the mayor has an 8 hour window to repair their city and receive the war items or it will be auto repaired and no war items...

- the 3rd time the mayor has 4 hours to repair or the it will be auto repaired and no war items.

- once  a club has been auto repaired 3 times they will not be auto repaired again, taking my teammate Mag’s suggestion they will be left open, from the mayor’s perspective they will see no further damage (like when in the protection of the bubble) and can not launch attacks until the repairs are made and war items are earned...but unlike the bubble they can be constantly attacked until the end of the war.

Day 2 - In the last 12 hours if you haven’t been auto repaired you still have an 8 hour window to repair...until the last 2 hours which you get a 15 minute bubble to repair. (only the ones that haven’t been auto repaired 3 times)

I recognize this is a little complicated and will put a smile on many faces and perturb the bubble teams...which is great, they frustrate the rest of us that come to play with winning or losing only a by product. i offer this for discussion and other’s insights. I posted in the General Discussion section last week a thread “Do you have an issue with Bubble teams, me too...” my goal is that folks that do will hit me too and perhaps EA will take notice to address this simple issue that’s killing interest in the war games, so if you agree just go to the post and hit me too. Thanks.

Message 15 of 69 (2,431 Views)

★★ Novice
How about a feature similar to the umbrella boost token, that you can use to unshield a player to half energy for a set amount of time, giving the team opportunity to score points, when the dirty tactic of staying shielded to win is being used.  Becauze even if you unshield a dormant player, or a player that hasnt attacked or is not participtory in the war, will cost thier team points by not fighting back or rebuilding. That would be a good way for a prezident to be more careful about those they select for their waring club.. JUST AN IDEA.  Because I am losing interest , and it is no fun a team that doesnt engage and stays shielded to win.  We have a great team, and we all participate at different times throughout the day due to timezones etc.  But when teams use this shield strategy it takes the fun out of the war feature. 
Message 16 of 69 (2,367 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sim city build it really needs to fix this issue. It's taking the fun out of the game. So Lame!!!!!

Message 17 of 69 (2,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Great Idea!!

Message 18 of 69 (2,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We just finished a war this morning against a club who did this. Now I know we have as well but we normally battle it out then once we get a commanding lead and only a couple hours left do we employ this strategy.  This time we went up against a club that figured out how many points they needed to achieve right away to win then stay shielded. In fact we only got about 1.5 hours of war time in. Not really a fun time. 

Putting in a timer to automatically drop shields would be great and stop clubs from doing this.

Message 19 of 69 (2,103 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I agree with deducting points for teams that stay under the shield. Perhaps deduct 10% of each player per hour. That would encourage more participation.

Message 20 of 69 (2,099 Views)