Re: Change in value of turtle tokens?

by shine389

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have basically stopped playing the epic building game it takes away from building my city, you constantly keep throwing your useable inventory at one building for  a day then you get back into the game and here goes another one same with the mayors challenge.

I'm not on face bleck or twit and don't really care.

I still have the first version of  sim-city and saved an old computer just to play it every now and again, Still love it.

sooooooo I just keep playing my way and get pissed when they change the game to gather in more money.

they ain't gettin any of mine. don't tell me it's free to play then make it so I have to Pay!

Message 11 of 22 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Haroldk1  I'm the same way with Simcity 2000.  I used to still have Sim Streets and Sim Copter around too, but have since misplaced the disks.  That was a long time ago and for all I know is now with my ex-wife. Standard smile LOL

I agree as far as the Mayor's contest is concerned.  I decided it's not worth playing.  I'll look at it and if there are assignments to further my goals like "launch X disasters", "Clear X disaster areas", "Complete a shipment for such and such" then I'll launch and do those.  If only doing those kind of assignments gets me a key and some coin, then that's another key or more coin than what I had before, but I'm not going to spend countless hours making a ton of product I don't need.

I disagree about the Epic projects though.  With enough Epic buildings, it makes the speed of the game a whole lot bearable and right now I'm about at completing one epic project a week, so it barely puts a hamper on my game play at all.  It's enough to slowly start building a stock of speed-up tokens, but not so much that I can't enjoy the other aspects of the game as well.

Message 12 of 22 (785 Views)

★ Guide

I think you are missing the point on both your issues. The difference between the Contest of Mayors and the Epic Challenges is that YOU GET TO KEEP EVERYTHING YOU COLLECT IN THE CONTEST OF MAYORS AND CAN THEN SELL THEM FOR A PROFIT. Yes sometimes you have to sell 179 pieces of wood and just to get rid of them you sell them for 5 simoleans a piece. But since they didnt cost you anything but time, so who cares? And then you make 12 cherry cheesecakes, again for no cost and sell them for 1900 or more. And since most tasks you have plenty of time, you can make the stuff yourself for free! PS I sold all the cheery cheesecakes in one sale to the game for more than what the max price is in the Trade Center. Cha ching!

I agree the Epic Challenges are frustrating and some requests are outrageous. But when you consider that you can make 6 patties in an hour, 12 creams in an hour, 4 refrigerators in an hour, does it really matter how many items you have to throw at your buildings. I am up to 58 epic buildings and manage to use my speed ups every day in just about every production run and am able to replace them on a daily basis. How did we ever do this game without speed up tokens? Much slower, for sure

Yes this game has frustrations. We all agree EA sucks. Some requests are outrageous, i.e. 32 items to upgrade a property for 52 sims, and those items included 4 burgers and 3 yogurts! Epic challenges requiring 15 backpacks over the course of the challenge. And as I am throwing a tantrum over every request, I remind myself that these are the challenges of this game. Wouldnt it be boring if everything came so easy?

And last, the wonderful thing about living in the USA (or any other free, democratic country) is that we have choices in life. Playing this game is a privilege, not a right. It is not required for survival so you CAN CHOOSE NOT TO PLAY IT. In fact, if you choose not to participate, it leaves less competition for the rest of us...

Just saying...

Message 13 of 22 (764 Views)

★ Guide

@Haroldk1 wrote:

I have basically stopped playing the epic building game it takes away from building my city, you constantly keep throwing your useable inventory at one building for  a day then you get back into the game and here goes another one same with the mayors challenge.

I'm not on face bleck or twit and don't really care.

I still have the first version of  sim-city and saved an old computer just to play it every now and again, Still love it.

sooooooo I just keep playing my way and get pissed when they change the game to gather in more money.

they ain't gettin any of mine. don't tell me it's free to play then make it so I have to Pay!

One more thing I forgot, sorry. What is it you are being made to pay for to play? Im at level 61, 1.8 million sims and I have never paid a cent. As far as I can tell, you can buy sim cash optionally, which I have in fact done in order to finish some land expansions and did it only because I got impatient. Everything else that has required sim cash I have earned through achievements.

Message 14 of 22 (763 Views)

★★ Novice

I guess when I voice my opinion I consider it just that

Message 15 of 22 (750 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well it keeps going up. It takes me 16 tokens for the chettah. Five for the turtle. Might as well stop.

Message 16 of 22 (741 Views)

★★ Guide

@bettysadog said, "But when you consider that you can make 6 patties in an hour, 12 creams in an hour, 4 refrigerators in an hour, does it really matter how many items you have to throw at your buildings. I am up to 58 epic buildings"

In my game at level 34 it takes 2hr 7m for 1 patty.  Likewise for the other items you mentioned.  It's a lot longer than 1 hour for a bunch of them.  Unless people have a lot of speedups like you do it takes a lot longer.  I can cheetah speed up one commercial building one time every other day.  Same with Turtle and Llama.  1 every other day.  Sure, it will take time to get as many speedups as what you have and I'm patient enough for that, but not everyone has them and getting started with your first cheetah is a SOB.  Once you have your first cheetah it does start to go faster because you can at least speed up once every 10 days and the more you complete the faster it will be.

I don't mind the challenge, but some people want a faster paced game.  Unfortunately, if you want a faster paced game, Simcity Buildit isn't the game for that.  Once you have the amount of epic buildings you do, it's not really much of an issue, but for those of us that are still working our way there, it's slow going..... VERY slow going. Standard smile

Message 17 of 22 (731 Views)

★ Guide

I totally agree with everything you said. And we all have to go through the growing pains that you are going through now. My intent with my posts was to try to enlighten and encourage people to hang in there and dont give up. I have tried to share some knowledge that I have picked up along the way. There are many, many players far advanced from where I am at and what I have achieved in this game anyone else can achieve too if they take the time to research what others are willing to share. Your value as a human being is certainly not measured by how many sims you may have and I admire someone who has 4 million sims for example, but only for that feat. When I see someone who has more sims than I do, I stop and study their layout. I have spent countless hours reading others peoples posts, I have started over my city 3 times, once at 312K sims because I learned about a better way to do roads. I once hit 1 million simoleans, then spent more than half of those to rebuild my city until I got to 1 million sims. Those were goals I set. But along the way and yes I was frustrated with the game I never once considered quitting. We are all upset because the amount of tokens has increased for speed ups; when I started epics bronze were 3, silver was 6, gold was 9. And now who cares how many? Would you choose to go back to the way it was before speed ups. I think not. I earn about 1.5 gold per day, almost 4 silver per day and about 3.5 bronze per day. But I paid my dues to get there, just like you are now. And I disagree with your time estimates, i think my first gold took 6 hours, my first silver took 2 hours. One guy said he hit gold in under 60 minutes. One tip, dont be afraid of buying what you need on the Global Market, you dont get extra credit for making the stuff. Who cares if you spend over 100K in simoleans, you'll make it back. My biggest frustration with this game is in upgrading zones. How dare they ask for this many items? I say and to show them who is boss I dont upgrade. And who wins this battle? The bottom line is do what it takes to get through whatever you are working on, its why you play the game...right?

I wish someone had taken the time to give me a pep talk when I was struggling...Oh well, I wont be posting any more to this forum. I have decided to keep my opinions to myself...Happy mayoring!!

Message 18 of 22 (725 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm not quite working with ten 3pt buildings.  Beach is the only one I can make cheetah on right now and it's currently six 3pt (piers) and four 2pt (mixed).  As I've been adding piers I've been bulldozing the lower value ones.  I just got rid of my 1 point ones last weekend.  That's probably got a lot to do with the longer times for me.  My best so far is about 6 hours.  

I'm not so worried about time right now as I am getting to get other specializations.  The beach is giving a good enough population boost and I can make cheetah, so I'm moving on to entertainment, gambling and culture since I've only placed the starting building on most of them.

Time is on my side anyway.  I still have another 40 years to go before I die. Standard smile LOL

Message 19 of 22 (722 Views)

★ Guide
The more you use them, the more they go up. The cap for cheetah tokens is 20. I forget the caps for silver and bronze but it's likely, 17 and 14!
Message 20 of 22 (679 Views)