Re: Battlefront II won't open

by Princesss___Xena

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront II won't open

★★ Novice

Whenever I try to launch Battlefront II it just doesn't open. When I try opening it through Origin, Origin closes for a few seconds and then just opens again. Nothing appears in my task manager when I try to launch it and I've tried practically every solution I could find. I've repaired it, deleted the documents folder, updated the game, checked that my drivers are up to date and checked that windows is up to date. The only thing I haven't done is reinstalled it which I'd really rather not do as it's about 77gb now and I've managed to keep it installed since launch. I know this question has been asked before but not since the latest updates and none of the solutions suggested there have worked for me. Thanks in advance.

Also I don't know if this is relevant but it only started happening shortly after the Droideka update, though not for at least a few days after.

Message 1 of 6 (784 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@Princesss___Xena  @ITSMETODDY  @SigmaInigma 

Did the workaround provided by @JinnReaper  fix it for you?

Did you find another fix or still need help?

No that solution did not work for me but I'm no longer having this issue. I'm not sure what fixed it but everything is good now, thanks!

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (586 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

i saw a related post. i optimized the game through Nvidea Gforce Experience and launched from there. not sure if that helps you

Message 2 of 6 (758 Views)

★★ Novice

I have also been experiencing this problem over the past couple of days. Sometimes I can get it to launch if I launch the game as administrator, but today I am not able to launch the game at all. I have also tried deleting my Battlefront 2 folder in My Documents, but this did not fix the issue. When I launch the game in Origin, Origin minimizes and reopens but Battlefront 2 does not even try to launch.

Message 3 of 6 (744 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Yup, got the same problem, my friend as well.

Yes I've tried running as admin, turning off origin in-game, restarting, updating the game, repairing the game.. All of it.

The game will start 1 out of 10 times, I have to open it several times every times 

Message 4 of 6 (726 Views)

Community Manager

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 6 (611 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

No that solution did not work for me but I'm no longer having this issue. I'm not sure what fixed it but everything is good now, thanks!

Message 6 of 6 (587 Views)