use my ea cash card to pay for pogo

by shebrat321

Original Post

Accepted Solution

use my ea cash card to pay for pogo

★★ Novice

I bought two ea cash cards I went to the web address on the back of the card to use the card to pay for a year of club pogo, the page came up as an error and I am unable to  ocate where i need to go to use my cards and  keep my club Pogo paid for. 

Message 1 of 10 (2,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: use my ea cash card to pay for pogo

★★ Novice

thank you for responding , my card is orange and a bit different looking ( EA cash card) , it took a while but I found where to go and add the EA cash to my ea account  , I had 2 of them  ( 20$ each) , i bought 1 yr sub  with them, it took a bit but  I found where to go and buy game time. :D

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (2,009 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@shebrat321

Is this the card you are referring to:  

you can buy them for $20.00 it is worth 275 gems or a 3 month 

club membership only.  You cannot use 2 of them for a yearly

subscription.

Message 2 of 10 (1,998 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you for responding , my card is orange and a bit different looking ( EA cash card) , it took a while but I found where to go and add the EA cash to my ea account  , I had 2 of them  ( 20$ each) , i bought 1 yr sub  with them, it took a bit but  I found where to go and buy game time. :D

Message 3 of 10 (2,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@shebrat321 How about telling the rest of us where you found it?
Message 4 of 10 (1,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Privateers  The post you read is from 2015. However, I searched online and found that EA prepaid game cards do exist today.  The information I read says "Spend your EA Gift Card on any product in the Origin store, including PC games and Pogo products (Pogo products only available in North America)."  It says Pogo but I haven't yet found information from EA saying Pogo membership and gems can be purchased with the prepaid cards.  I think  an EA community manager can comment on this to be sure. 

Below are 2 links both from 2019.  The first link is from EA and discusses the EA prepaid game cards.  There are some online stores that sell the EA prepaid cards.  Search and you will find where they are sold.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/ea-gift-card-information/

The second link is from EA and discusses payment for Pogo Club membership and gems.  It mentions only credit cards and Paypal as approved forms of payment. EA game prepaid cards are not mentioned . 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pogo/pogo/club-pogo-payment-options/

Message 5 of 10 (1,856 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I finally figured it out. Just search for Pogo in the Origin search bar on the main page. It'll come up with 3 answers "Pogo 1 month, Pogo 3 month or Pogo 1 year" and you can use your EA wallet. But it won't be for $39.99 because there's tax that will be added on. In my case it was $2.79. When you've finished buying it, it'll give you a product activation code to use. TaDaa..

Message 6 of 10 (1,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@PrivateersGood research! I found info saying it could be used for Pogo products, but you found more info linking the use of the card for Pogo Club membership.  I'm surprised the second link I added in my previous response didn't include EA prepaid cards as a form of payment for Pogo Club membership. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,834 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Message 8 of 10 (1,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what stores sells these kind of cards i live in pa and cannot seem to find them ?

Message 9 of 10 (1,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@kathygood6208, I have seen EA cards sold at Game Stop stores and at Walmart stores which can be used for the Pogo website. I purchase game cards online through at Walmart and at GameStop. I am sure you can find electronic version of the cards at Walmart, but the cards purchased online at GameStop seem to require you to go to a GameStop store to pick up the card there.  Buying from Walmart is easier because you don't have to go to the store to pick up the card. Note: The cards do not say Pogo on them. They say Origin or EA.  EA is the company that owns and operates the Pogo website and Origin is a sub-group of EA and the cards can be used for any EA game, including the Pogo game site.

To buy online use Google to find EA/Pogo prepaid cards at Walmart.  Once you find a link to the cards you click on it and then you use your credit or debit card to buy the cards.  Walmart will send you a PIN number to your email address (which you must give to them during the purchase). The PIN number for the card is usually sent within an hour and often within 15 minutes. You then return to Pogo and redeem the card by entering the PIN number to purchase a membership for the time offered on the card. 

See the attached screen shot of the EA/Origin prepaid card sold at Walmart online.  The price is for $20.  I am not sure how many months of membership this card gives.  Since the annual membership costs $45, I would believe this card offers more than one month, but to be honest I am not sure.  

pogo EA card from Walmart online.png

Message 10 of 10 (1,478 Views)