Ads not working in PvZ2

by TorontoZombie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ads not working in PvZ2

★★★ Novice

Ever since the latest update (iOS), ad-supported features like Piñata Party replays and free gems, coins, and gauntlets are not available. Battlez works, so it's not a connectivity issue. I have restarted my iPad and the problem remains.

P.S. I tried logging a ticket through help.ea.com but the help system there appears to be very badly broken. I get emails saying I need to talk to someone directly but when I click on the link I get "Sorry, no channels are available."

Message 1 of 11 (2,396 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ads not working in PvZ2

★★★ Novice

Ultimately, the problem went away and I'm not sure why. I have PvZ2 installed on both my iPhone and iPad, though I almost never play it on my iPhone. One day, I opened it up on my iPhone, and the ad problem went away, so it may have been a data synchronization issue. Or it may be completely unrelated.

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (2,233 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@TorontoZombie Have you got ur problem solved... I got same issue with me, i watch ads for daily free gems and coins... but it's not appearing anymore for couple of days
Message 2 of 11 (2,280 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Try report it to EA Help Center (pick Missing Content), or try Clear Cache/Clear Data/Reinstall your pvz2 (make sure you backup your game first)

Message 3 of 11 (2,278 Views)

Champion

@TorontoZombie 

It might be a geographic location issue, I am in UK and have updated my phone to the latest IOS and it seemed to be ok (fingers crossed).  My guess is that the ads server (in your location) is either down or the game file on your phone is corrupted. 

If all fails, I suggest take note of your player ID, do a backup and then re-install PVZ2 to see if it takes things back to normal.

Message 4 of 11 (2,249 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ultimately, the problem went away and I'm not sure why. I have PvZ2 installed on both my iPhone and iPad, though I almost never play it on my iPhone. One day, I opened it up on my iPhone, and the ad problem went away, so it may have been a data synchronization issue. Or it may be completely unrelated.

Message 5 of 11 (2,234 Views)

Champion

Thank you for the feedback.

Nice to hear your problem has gone away, so this suggest the 'fault' is not at your end, it is more likely at the ads server end.  Unfortunately, there have been quite a few UK players experiencing similar issues today, I  do hope EA will get this fixed soon.

Message 6 of 11 (2,219 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310  Are you still having problems with this? Also in the UK, I still am.

Message 7 of 11 (2,211 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AuntySocialite   I have not checked since this morning but I have not experienced any problems with ads, unfortunately there seemed to be many UK players are affected, we have tried to alert EA dev team on sudreddit and hope they are going to fix the problem soon. 

IT is now 8:24 am Seattle time so please give them another hour or so to response.

Message 8 of 11 (2,204 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310  You are a complete superstar! It just helps to know what's going on... much appreciated Standard smile

Message 9 of 11 (2,179 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

My ads are still not showing up, to think i paid EA a small fortune to advertise my new Kentucky Fried Weasel business, it may never take off now.

Message 10 of 11 (2,170 Views)