sims game reset itself

by mmishmashh

Original Post

sims game reset itself

★ Novice

My game was having errors so i decided to reload the game up (it was also having errors saving). When i loaded the game up everything was gone. All my houses and played households are gone !. However everything that i've saved in my library is still there. Im not so sure what to do.. I looked in the saves folder and there was barely anything in there. Ive played for 100+ hours but there were only some saves from 2 days ago?? I tried the 'Load game' method but that only saved 1 household to my library. I'm not so sure what to do so please help

I've had this issue 2 or 3 years ago but i wasn't able to get my old game back.  

Message 1 of 2 (173 Views)

Re: sims game reset itself

@mmishmashh  When you say there were saves from two days ago in the saves folder, do you mean that they're new saves?  The last modified dates will reflect the last few times you saved the game: the most recent save plus up to five backups from the five previous times you saved before that.  If these saves you're seeing aren't appearing in-game, you can try manually restoring one or more of the backups:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

If this doesn't help, what did you do to try to troubleshoot the errors?  If you moved files around, restoring your old saves is as simple as moving them back.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (147 Views)