Re: "No Signal" - Sims 4

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"No Signal" - Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Hey there. 

I'm having a serious problem with my Sims 4.
I have all the expansions, stuffs and etc, and yet when i'm playing after 15 min the game is "crashing". By "crashing" I mean my monitor goes off and saying "No signal".
I tried to change the graphics to Medium at least (my computer is pretty strong and fine), tried to run the Origin luncher as an Administrator, tried to run the Sims as an administrator and tried to repair the game, tried to turn off mods - and yet nothing, still after 15 min turning off my monitor and says "No signal".

What can I do?? Please help.

thank's,
Victoria.

Message 1 of 5 (2,298 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PsychotpsThank you, I did. It didn't helped. But! while I waited I spoke with EA Customer service and they gave me a good solution!

They told me to go to:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Electronic Arts

Rename the "The Sims 4" folder to "The Sims 4_backup", reopen the game and to see that it opened a new "The Sims 4" folder - and it did.
After that, I had to transfer these folders: mods, recorded videos, saves, screenshots, tray and these files, clintdb.package, config.log, gameversion.txt, localthumbcache.package, options.ini, Userdata.lock to the newly created folder.
At the end, I deleted my mods and restarted the game again and it works perfectly.

I hope it will help for some other people who having the same problem.

Thank's for your reply again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (2,266 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@VikaNaruto Sounds like the game may be overheating the computer or video card? Have you tried turning down the game quality settings, game video resolution?
Message 2 of 5 (2,283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PsychotpsThank you, I did. It didn't helped. But! while I waited I spoke with EA Customer service and they gave me a good solution!

They told me to go to:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Electronic Arts

Rename the "The Sims 4" folder to "The Sims 4_backup", reopen the game and to see that it opened a new "The Sims 4" folder - and it did.
After that, I had to transfer these folders: mods, recorded videos, saves, screenshots, tray and these files, clintdb.package, config.log, gameversion.txt, localthumbcache.package, options.ini, Userdata.lock to the newly created folder.
At the end, I deleted my mods and restarted the game again and it works perfectly.

I hope it will help for some other people who having the same problem.

Thank's for your reply again.

Message 3 of 5 (2,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@VikaNaruto I have the Same problem, I did as you suggested and could play for 5 hours however now it crashes again after 15-30 minutes of playing
Message 4 of 5 (498 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread is now a bit older, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this, please feel free to create a new thread instead so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 5 of 5 (472 Views)